Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 keep connecting to Wifi

Advisor
cheng6589
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 keep connecting to Wifi

I think that is a bug that all the symbian anna's phones keep connecting to wifi automatically after i disconnect from the connection. This problem still happen even I set the setting manually switch to wlan. It's very annoying as connecting to wifi consume battery.
Someone please help..and may i know anyone having the same prob?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This is usually caused by an app set up to sync regularly. The most likely suspects are email synching ot other social and IM apps. Check all apps which access the internet and make sure thay are all set to sync manually or at least at a less frequent interval. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ColinTheFish

My E7 does the same thing, or at least the connection icon seems to keep appearing periodically, although it thinks it is not actually connected if you try browsing the web.  I think it was after I added the Ovi web mail. Although it is not set to sync ie Auto-retrieval is set to "no days" it seems most likely there is a bug.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ColinTheFish

I have now changed the Auto Retrieval, Retrieval Schedule to the minimum setting (one minute duration once a day) and it seems to have solved the problem.
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

My C5-03 started doing the same thing when I upgraded to the latest software release (including many of the features of Anna.

I wondered whether it was caused by the push email client (Nokia messaging email) but it happens even if I set that to 'go offline' and if I set the sync frequency to 'never'.

Alan Watson

Please use plain text.
iFiro

i have a nokia e7  wich uses symbian anna as well my phone always connects to the internet just like yours i found one solution it's to delete the access point  by going to settings-connectivity-settings-destinations-internet and delete i'm actually still waiting for a bug fix or something cause i don't believe that apps are ndoing this best of luck :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheng6589

i did delete the access point..it seems like the only way to prevent this. but it also kind of bother me because i have to insert the password every time i connect to the same access point.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheng6589

thanks a lot...it really solved the problem..=)
Please use plain text.
Madmaksz

Please somebody get me help before I drop my Nokia on the floor to have 100 pieces of a phone, my worst Nokia I ever had-Nokia 700- a big sh..... slow, frozing down, AND ALWAYS SHOWING ME MESSAGE: NO DATA CONNECTION -EVERY 5 SECONDS, I am getting crazy about this.!!! WWWHHHYYY ?????? No app is running, nothing, I can not look at the phone anymore, hate this phone !!!!!!! Can anobody help me?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
berto2002

In Belle, when you open the Wi-fi item in Connection Manager, scroll right at the bottom and you can see "Apps:" and then an entry (when connected) which gives you some idea what is prompting the connection. In my case it was "SocialServer-2002F95A". I'm now going to assume this is the Nokia Social App and try to stop these periodic connections... Either that or I've got a rogue app...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
berto2002

Nope, can't alter my update frequency in the social app?
Please use plain text.