Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 made in china?

Counsellor
lobnany123

Nokia N8 made in china?

Hi I wanna know if nokia n8 is made in china?

I am middle eastern so what is the country that makes n8

if it is china I will be a little afraid since most chinese nokia phone are not original are not working ok

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drzuck

Re: Nokia N8 made in china?

It says "Made in Finland" on mine, which is nice since Nokia is a Finnish company...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

if you buy from a nokia store or genuine trader its all the one nokia phones made all over the world are the same they have the same standard practice

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Not again. This has been asked over and over again for various phones. A made in China handset is the same quality as one made anywhere else by Nokia.

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

In the middle east especialy there is a prevalent urban myth that Phones made in china are of a lower quality than those made elsewhere

This is in part fueld by the large quantity of cheep chineese made fakes that flood the bazars

It is also a myth encouraged by some mobile phone sellers whouse it to justify charging a premium for finish manufactured handsets,

There has even been a case of a ME retailer taking genuine chineese made nokia's and changing the label to chage extra

The truth is that for genuine nokia's there is no difference in those made in china and those made in finland, they all use the same components and all conform to the same quality standards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tabasco

The fact is China has a quality control problem, which is something Nokia should think about. It wasn't that long ago that they sold poisonous wheat gluten to the U.S, that killed hundreds of pets. It wasn't that long ago that the U.S. bought drywall from China that all had to be replaced due to it giving off fumes and making people sick. It wasn't that long ago that the U.S. bought tainted toothpaste from China that was recalled. Recently, they sold tainted infant milk that sickened a lot of infants. These are just a few I know about, I am sure these more.. I am sure in all these cases they said the quality of the product was the same as what you could buy else where. If i have a choice betwenn something made in China or Finland, I would pick the Finland product. It's all backed up by facts.
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

I have three Nokia phones made in China. The most recent being the X6. The quality on all three is great. I do not have a problem with Nokia phones made in China. I can't say the same about other products made in China. The quality of some products made in China is not good but as far as Nokia is concerned there is no problem. Remember the reputation of Nokia is at stake here.

Please use plain text.
Sage
TRDN900

check belwo for my phone all nokia is china or india.... nor more finland

pic takken by N8

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LenardG

That is not true that all of them are made in China.

My N8 is made in Finland. Both the box and the phone says that.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As far as its a GENUINE Nokia product, the place where it is manufactured is immaterial..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

tabasco wrote:
The fact is China has a quality control problem, which is something Nokia should think about. It wasn't that long ago that they sold poisonous wheat gluten to the U.S, that killed hundreds of pets. It wasn't that long ago that the U.S. Bought drywall from China that all had to be replaced due to it giving off fumes and making people sick. It wasn't that long ago that the U.S. Bought tainted toothpaste from China that was recalled. Recently, they sold tainted infant milk that sickened a lot of infants. These are just a few I know about, I am sure these more.. I am sure in all these cases they said the quality of the product was the same as what you could buy else where. If I have a choice between something made in China or Finland, I would pick the Finland product. It's all backed up by facts.

Most average Joes don't know all these and lots of people have hard time understanding what quality assurance is really. Lots of people think of it as producing a good  prototype , then clone that prototype into thousands other products LOL. We buy columns for GCS and HPLCs from a local company here: they don't guarantee that all columns are the same, in fact they are all different but within acceptable range. However, bad batch 'creep in' sometimes. And a bad batch would be the one which fall 3stdev outside the mean. Quality control is quite challenging and there's no way one can produce a clone, sometime we think we did but not really...Even machines (same ones) that help you with the production are not the same  (ask quantum theory why).

You have given good examples. I'm also one of the victims of the "made in china things' (bought a motherboard and blew up in 2 days, bought Geforce 8800 GTS and failed in 3 months, bought 7.1 logitech speakers and they didn't deliver..All made in china).  However the conclusion that anything made in china would be bad by default is misleading. Everything around me here as (except my MBP ) is made in china. It depends on how serious the quality control 'officers' are and how they value their morality. N97 wasn't useless because it was made in china, it's bad because of its poor specs.

So N8 made in china might be OK (if there are problems, then they may be blamed on specs).  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkoman1

Also my labels (box and phone) says: Made in Finland.

Hardware is ok, software is a dissaster! I cannot get it work properly!Only thing working fine is calling and the camera.Been trying 2 days to find a solution for syncronising contacts from my Gmail and Sony Ericsson C905 to Nokia N8. Ovi store keeps closing down while downloading programs.

Some programs stopps when the installation starts.Many problems! I think the Nokia N8 should have been released later, after they have fixed ALL problems!

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

[ Edited ]

mikkoman1 wrote:

I think the Nokia N8 should have been released later, after they have fixed ALL problems!

I know what you mean, but there was a thread here last time (not very long time ago actually and i hope it's still around here) in which people were mad about the n8 delay....so yea mmlol.

NB: Anything( issue) that is firmware related is fine in my opinion as it can be fixed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hello @mikkoman1,

As you may seen here in dicussions, there is two options worth trying

to solve your problems;

1) How old is your sim-card? Ask your operator to give you a new sim-card.

2) When you get your sim, reset your phone.

Let us hope this fixes your problems.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

mikkoman1 wrote:

Also my labels (box and phone) says: Made in Finland.

Hardware is ok, software is a dissaster! I cannot get it work properly!Only thing working fine is calling and the camera.Been trying 2 days to find a solution for syncronising contacts from my Gmail and Sony Ericsson C905 to Nokia N8. Ovi store keeps closing down while downloading programs.

Some programs stopps when the installation starts.Many problems! I think the Nokia N8 should have been released later, after they have fixed ALL problems!

It's becomming increasingly obvious from the lack of major complaints about the N8 software that there are not any major problems with the phone and nokia have released somethibg in a decent condition,

Had you been around here for the release of the 5800, N97 etc you would have seen the boards weighed down with page after page of serious complaints within a day or two of release,

for the N8 the problems that are being reported are frankly a trickle, and there is not one that falls into the category of a serious problem with the phone

rather they are a case of

1) Users being unfamilier with the handset and new OS and asking for help on some features

2) Users asking if certain features are available

and perhaps one or two faulty handsets

as has been said there have been a few issues with older sim cards not allowing some features to work, rectified by swapping out the sim,

Syncing from a sony is never going to be easy have you tried syncing the sony address book to outlook on a pc then using ovi suite to sync from outlook to the N8

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lobnany123

Ok that means that nokia n8 made in china is like made in finland without any difference in the quality.

For that,I wanna ask why nokia gives the middle east the chinese copy and europe countries the finland ones!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkoman1

I have ordered a new sim-card now, hope that works!

The Ovi store is having problems, because heavy traffic (Nokia support says they are trying to fix that).

I have transfered my contacts from Sony Ericsson to Outlook and Gmail, but because I cant get my email in the Nokia N8 to work I cant try syncronising them.It should be much more easier to do a phonechange!

If a friend, who is not so technical ask me if they should change from Sony Ericsson to a Nokia phone I would say: Do not change!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

With the phones being manufactured at different locations whats the difference in price ?? In India it will be most probably N8 - Made in China thats going to be available at a cost of Euro 425.00 ....  so can anyone give the cost at other places in Europe for comparison ??

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mandeep1803

Foxconn makes most parts for Nokia, Apple, Lenovo, and many other major companies.  So yes, most of the stuff you buy is made in China.  The Lenovo with quad core extreme i7 I use for my research work was also made in Hong Kong but most parts (Nvidia graphics card for example) was made at Foxconn.

Anyways, the answer is yes, most of the stuff you buy is made in China.  The myth that their stuff is bad is baseless since they are now the fastest growing manufacturing country out there.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

lobnany123 wrote:

Ok that means that nokia n8 made in china is like made in finland without any difference in the quality.

For that,I wanna ask why nokia gives the middle east the chinese copy and europe countries the finland ones!

Shipping Costs

The further things travel the more it costs to ship them and the greater there carbon footprint,

Being as Nokia have to manufacture some handsets in finland for nationalistic reasons, it makes sense that Nokia Finland will supply the closest markets ie NE europe

Please use plain text.