Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N8 resets after latest software update

Counsellor
danpc23
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 resets after latest software update

I have a Nokia N8 with Symbian Anna. 3 days ago I did a Software Update(something that was marked as "Important" device software update or something like this). After this my N8 is getting reset everyday(at least one time per day). Is this a new feature introduced by Nokia? If yes, please remove it, it is not nice at all. For example yesterday when I was driving using Nokia maps my phone was restarted in the middle of a city...

Before this update I had no problems, I used my N8 weeks without getting a reset.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Nokia N8 resets after latest software update

Hi danpc23,

Are you saying after the Anna update your Nokia N8 just randomly restarts the phone or does application quits?

Also does this happen randomly or only when using specific application?

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I always find doing a reset after a SW update helps, as you can get conflict between the settings from the old SW to the new. It's a bit of a pain, but my E7 is running really great on Anna, and I did do a reset. If you try it, backup your contacts, calendar and notes ONLY, as a full backup and restore will restore any conflict ! Dial *#7370# followed by 12345, if required, and then set up the phone manually, it's a bit of a pain and takes time and effort, but is worthwhile :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Counsellor
danpc23

It was not a problem with Anna, after updating to Anna it worked fine. The problem appeared after an sw update. I the meantime another sw update was installed(some service pack for Anna) and now the problem disappeared.

Registered Member
sa111

hiii everyone...

i updated my n8 to anna but the phone is dead after the update... so kindly suggest me what to do..??