Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 - volume key and key tones don't wor...

Advisor

Nokia N8 - volume key and key tones don't work in normal operation - please help!

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but am wondering if anyone can help me out here please? I go into the general profile... I noticed that my volume key and keypad tones don't seem to work in normal operation. (The volume key operation doesn't work in any profile). When I try and dial a number by pressing eg.. '3, 2, 1' I can hear those tones... But when I go into the radio the volume keys work fine and when I go into the camera the volume keys work to adjust the zoom. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it please? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia N8 - volume key and key tones don't work in normal operation - please help!

hi mate,

have you checked via Nokia Suite on your PC if there are any firmware updates available for your device? if there are any, please update to the latest version offered. failing that, you can try re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite, and if that doesn't work, then try performing a three finger hard reset, as an absolute last resort. bear in mind that a hard reset wipes all personal data, so you will need to backup your data to PC and/or online storage first.

Failing the above, you will need to take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia N8 - volume key and key tones don't work in normal operation - please help!

Yeah I tried reinstalling.. no luck.. no firmweare updates.. haven't tried the hard reset.. would the hard reset fix it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

not sure if the hard reset would fix it, but you may lose some applications that can only be installed back by manually locating the files for download thru Google, or taking your phone to your local Nokia Care. you have nothing to lose though
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.