Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N8 weak wifi signal even the wifi router is ...

Contributor
kennarionwong

Nokia N8 weak wifi signal even the wifi router is beside me...

Hello

problem with n8.  the wifi reception of my phone is weak even the router is beside me... What do you think is the problem?  other devices (cellphone, laptop) receives the signal properly at full bar.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Nokia N8 weak wifi signal even the wifi router is beside me...

Hi kennarionwong,

Thanks for your post.

Sometimes the signal indicator on mobile devices can fluciatate even though I can be right next to the router, it happens on my device but my internet speed remains unaffected as in the closer I am to the router the better the speed.

Is you internet speed and browsing slow? or are you getting good speeds but just the indicator on the phone shows a weak signal?

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Contributor
kennarionwong

hi mr. moderator

the connection of my phone is intermittent and sometimes i cannot detect the SSID of the router even the router is near me? do you think the router has the problem? how come other devices can detect and connect to the router properly? 

Counsellor

It is classic Nokia problem since the date of introduction of wifi in Nokia phone. This is one of problem tt let Nokia down. Why did Nokia people think about real improvement all these years?
Registered Member
xdjbx

well, i had the same problem last month, and im pretty sure that the wifi antenna inside your phone needs to be replaced, thats what solved my problem. :smileyhappy:
Registered Member
amirriaz

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I did everything. Update and reinstall updated OS. Nothing worked. Tried many different wifi but satill week signal and disconnect automatically. It actually started after my n8 fell down. I think only solution is to replace wifi antenna. That's what I am goanna do. No other solution in my eyes. Its hardware problem not software glitch.

And I already order my wifi antenna from eBay and goanna replace it my self.  

Registered Member
amirriaz

I already replace my wifi antenna and its perfectly working now. And its very easy to replace wifi antenna. Its on very top and doest need any special tool. I am happy now from my n8 :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
madhujarvis

Hey can u send me the link ...i  gave my n8 in care but they ruined my mobile ... they took out the wifi antenna and changed use less battery ... i found it when i opened my mobile for the antenna issues ...... pls send me the link for buying the wifi antenna and battery for my nokia n8...

Thanks in advance

Registered Member
Monisure

My N-8 Wifi has also been ruined at the nokia care. I wanted to replace the battery. The one they put  was  a bad one. It became very hot. Later i got the battery exchanged but wifi hardware doesn't detect any networks  now. I think i need to repair the motherboard.