Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia N8 with Belle and Problems with Ovi Sync

Sage
BassemN8

Same here on Nokia N8.
I hope it gets solved soon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YawningDog

Same here on N8, no sync for contacts (error #80700004 8d5e000a), can only see contacts on the phone via searching through the call keypad, but contacts are not showing up in the contact list on the phone.
Kate
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sj1100

The same problem, please help!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Sorry for the trouble with the sync, there's been some issues on the server side but they should be fixed now. Please try again!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shrieky

Yes it started working, but unfortunately at the cost of my data.

I had recovered the data from other methods and somehow it all got jumbled. Now everything is wiped clean.

Managed to recover contacts, calendar clean

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

It now works thx!!!!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

Yes , It's working now :smileyhappy:

But I am wondering till when Nokia is going to keep this service up and running.

Now that we don't have access to contacts/calendar/notes via Web portal. Also Nokia doesnt use same ovi password so creating syncml settings is not possible for everyone.

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Got a confirmation from @nokiahelps as well and it's working for my E6 again as well. Great!

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Sage
BassemN8

It duplicated all my contacts but other than that, it's back! =)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vladcristian93

guys, for me it isn't working :smileysad: at least, not now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rlcsj

Very impressive response! It's working now.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hitesh_m670

Hi, im using a C7 running on belle. I had my phone updated by a local nokia care point. Before updating, i used the 'ovi sync' app on my phone to backup my contacts, calendar and texts on the server. After the update, when i tried to restore those items, my phone said 'no logs found'. The guys at nokia care said that i can get them back with the help of pc suite, i downloaded it on my pc and i saw that there was nothing backuped!! i.e. 0 contacts, 0 calendar enteries and 0 messages. Is there a way to get them back or i have to start collecting phone numbers?? Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
applebyoz

I think the problem is back again. I have the latest versions of both phone and Nokia Suite s/ware and it tells me "Reading contacts from n8-00 failed."  it can't read the contacts, etc. Error code: 80700004

Please use plain text.
ajkail

Hi there,

Same problem again, trying to upgrade from a physically damaged Nokia 5800 which had sync on forever to a Nokia 701.

Any chance that this will be fixed in the future ??

Thank in advance !!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mariliatgd

Please I can't access to my contact list in my Nokia N8. It keeps telling me error 8070004  8d5e000a. I can't make new contacts either....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tebomjm

I have the same problem too.

Since Mid July 2012. I can't access my contacts properly as half of them have no ID tags(Names) and/or other details (two/three phone numbers under the same contant. Now when a call comes in all I see is just the number. Even when I try call a contact, I have no idea who is who anymore... I have scoured all sorts of Forums for a solution. Reistalled Nokia Suite, reistalled Belle and Belle Refresh and still I can not sync. Can someone PLEASE help!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JonathanHotti

I have the sam problem today.

N8 is not showing my contacts and when I try to sinc appears "Can not sync error 80700004 8d5e000a"

Can anyone help me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NANHEGUPTA

my ovi music is not downloding plz halp me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NANHEGUPTA

[ Edited ]

my imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator note: Personal information are not allowed on this Forum. (IMEI removed)

Please use plain text.