Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Does Nokia N900 support Indian language Telugu...

Nokia N900

Well Nokia comes up with an IPhone 3gs KILLER and guess what??

That's right you can only use it with TMobile service, how sad is that? What was Nokia thinking? Why would they not include AT&T's 3g frequency bands? Please Nokia I, (no we the people) beg of you to please change this immediately It's time that Apple has some real competition and the N900 is it but not if it only works with TMobile, (WHO?)!! 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
thaer_alomran

Re: Nokia N900

Why don't you complain to nokia regarding this matter, last I heard this was a User to User support forum. :smileyindifferent:
If my post was useful hit the kudos button, Please.
N97 (Black)
RM-505 (Firmware 20.0.27)
Please use plain text.

Sounds like you are a TMOBILE supporter and besides who the HELL are you to say who can say what on this site???? 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Olstud69, can you write normally please?

If this post was useful, thank me by clicking the Kudos! button.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
thaer_alomran

first of all, I'm not a supporter. also..I just gave you my opinion..since your giving out yours as well..so for that matter don't give me **bleep**, boy.
If my post was useful hit the kudos button, Please.
N97 (Black)
RM-505 (Firmware 20.0.27)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buxi07

i will also request to nokia to change this immediately N900 should support 3g.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mo_shef

GOT PROBLEMS? COMPLAIN TO NOKIA ABOUT THE NOKIA N900!

Click Here

If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N86 8MP (v20.115 / RM-484)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Going back to the original post, who says that the N900 only wotks with T-Mobile? I'm guessing that the person who made this comment is in the USA where mobile phones are available almost exclusively from network operators rather than independent retailers, and where many networks block phones that they didn't sell from accessing their networks. The N900 is capable of working on any GSM network for calls and any 3G network for internet use, only dishonest networks who don't want to sell you one and therefore don't want you to use it on their networks would say otherwise.

Also, based on the same assumption that the OP is in the US, a country with 68 network operators of which only five operate or plan to operate 3G services (source: http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_us.shtml), not being able to make 3G calls is hardly going to have any impact on whether the N900 competes well with the iPhone in that country.

Land of the free my foot!

Please use plain text.
Sage
totoanon

suerly even if the n900 is t-mobile only in the states it could be unlocked to other networks as is the case with all of nokia phone. I appreciate that this causes problems with warrenty but if a person really wants to do this they can, and as the previous post says 3g in the states really isnt that big of an issue as it is in most of europe.
I dont pretend to know everything like some people on these boards i am just trying to help. Its not all about the kudos.
Please use plain text.
Professor

the 3G spectrum allocated for T-Mobile and the 3G spectrum allocated for AT&T are not the same, to this point AT&T users have been the primary beneficiaries of the so-called NAM units though the 3G capability of those units apply to AT&T network and those people now are crying because a single elite Nokia model won't operate on their network of choice, they think AT&T is the center of the universe and all activity should revolve around them without care of users on other networks who have waited patienly for a useful device, AT&T users have so many choices and can't stand for T-Mobile users having even 1 choice exclusive of AT&T, of couse the GSM and EGDE is available regardless of the carrier
Please use plain text.
Professor

I advise the "guru" mccbleue to review the specification of N900 it absolutely will not operate on any 3G network
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

it will ACTUALLY opearate on the 3g Tmobile USA network and European networks just NOT ATT USA for lacking specific bands. it will not change. it would make no sense for nokia to release two models for USA just because they exist on difference frequency. if they do i will be very very surprised. i dont care if they release for att or tmobile as i have both sim cards so in this case i does not make any difference. given that tmobile usa actually has a better quality netowrk and better infrastructure tho it is smaller. i am happy that n900 will opearate on their 3g network. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

likeitlikethat wrote:
I advise the "guru" mccbleue to review the specification of N900 it absolutely will not operate on any 3G network

See:http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-n900/specifications

Data Network
  • GPRS class A, multislot class 32, maximum speed up to 107/64.2 kbps (DL/UL)
  • EDGE class A, multislot class 32, maximum speed up to 296/177.6 kbps (DL/UL
  • WCDMA 900/1700/2100. Maximum speed PS up to 384/384 kbps (DL/UL) *******3G*******
  • HSPA, maximum speed up to 10 Mbps (DL), 2 Mbps (UL)
  • WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g
  • WLAN Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2
  • WLAN wizard
  • Designed for continuous TCP/IP connectivity
  • Capability to serve as data modem via USB connection

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
does that mean you don't realize WCDMA 850 and 1900 are excluded?
Message Edited by likeitlikethat on 15-Sep-2009 12:00 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

[ Edited ]

2100 is the most commonly used 3G band around Europe, Middle East and Asia; Japan (which has no GSM at all) uses 1700 and 2100. Does the lack of those bands make a massive difference?

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml

Message Edited by mccbleue on 14-Sep-2009 05:09 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor

don't know about a massive difference but obviosly it means it won't operate on WCDMA 850, 1900 networks, contradiction to your post said "and any 3G network" it needs to be clear that is false information, it will not operate on 3G (WCDMA) networks using 850 and 1900 spectrum, clearly excluded, if a person made a decision to buy based on your information that person would be sorely disappointed

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

[ Edited ]

likeitlikethat wrote:

don't know about a massive difference but obviosly it means it won't operate on WCDMA 850, 1900 networks, contradiction to your post said "and any 3G network" it needs to be clear that is false information, it will not operate on 3G (WCDMA) networks using 850 and 1900 spectrum, clearly excluded, if a person made a decision to buy based on your information that person would be sorely disappointed

Fairly doos, mate, we were both wrong, but I think my exaggeration was closer to the truth than yours ("I advise the "guru" mccbleue to review the specification of N900 it absolutely will not operate on any 3G network" ).

Goodnight all! :smileywink:

Message Edited by mccbleue on 14-Sep-2009 05:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

likeitlikethat wrote:

well hopefully NO PERSON ever makes a decision based on a single post. people make mistakes. this is not a review forum, or a tech forum for comparisons. this is and always has been a SUPPORT FORUM for nokia products. problem solving, troubleshooting issues and such. this is NOT a buying comparison forum for sure. if you want a product any product you have to do a fair amount of research prior to purchase so you know EXACTLY what it is that you are getting. it would be ignorant, and navie to base your purchases on any single opinion/statement of any one person, forum or site . 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Does Nokia N900 support Indian language Telugu webpages ?

[ Edited ]

For years iam searching this simple question i cant find any answer, "Does Nokia support Telugu language webpages in Browser ? " or alteast this Nokia Meamo Operating system supports this great feature to Indian customers ?
i try to browse this site in somany nokia phones none of the phone do not open any telugu language webpages, hope nokia can resolve this problem atleast in N900.

Moderator note: external links removed. Please note that all external links are subject to moderation just as posts on the boards, so they must be in English just like posts on the boards. Thanks.

Message Edited by michaels on 15-Sep-2009 08:53 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Does Nokia N900 support Indian language Telugu webpages ?

strange that post is directed at my remarks in quotes, not the remarks of the person providing the false information.

Radical alone cannot direct how people use the information here, my post is based on fact not fiction, why condone people who provide false information and critique the remarks of people who provide accurate information, Radical did not address any of the inaccuracies I don't know why

Please use plain text.