Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N95-1 RM159 display problem

Advisor

Nokia N95-1 RM159 display problem

[ Edited ]

Hello anyone and everyone. I have been trying to work on my phone for the past week and have spent too much time and have no idea what is wrong with it.

My screen was black and I was told to replace the cable because it was faulty. I do not have warranty so I cannot take it to nokia repair center.

The phone works on the television but nothing on the LCD. Please help me out here.

Nokia N95-1 RM 159 V31 firmware. I tried holding the *,3, Green button and powering it on, and I hear the nokia tone and stuff but nothing on the display. Just black with the back light. Anyone else have this problem? What can it be?

Message Edited by dazz19 on 24-Feb-2009 10:09 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
kingpin007

Re: Nokia N95-1 RM159 display problem

Since you have done the 4 finger reset and it still does not help, it looks like and hardware issue.

There is nothing much you can do about this but to take it to an authorised service center to get the LCD replaced.

Mark me a KUDOS if this has helped... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Well I've already replaced the LCD and it works fine, just like the old one, but it is only black. The cable might be defective but besides the LCD/Cable what else can it be?

It works fine on the television when I plug it in.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kingpin007

Where did you get the screen changed from, i would recommand you to take it back as they might have overlooked at it.

was it an Authorised service center.

-usually you will have a 60 days repair warranty in certain countries.

Mark me a KUDOS if this has helped... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Besides the cable, and the LCD, would there be any other problems if it is working fine on the television?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Try replacing the flexcable. Because the flexcable connects the display to the mainboard...

I have this problem myself: after replacing the flexcable, the display won't go on, it stays black and acts just like described in this topic. ( when I put back in the old cable, it works fine again )

What should I do to make the screen work again ? It's not the flexcable, because I tested two cables, in both situations the screen stopped working. It's not the display either, because it's not permanently  broken, when I put the old flexcable back in, it works fine.

So, it seems that the display screen, possibly slightly 'damaged' by corrosion (water damage), works fine with the currently installed flex cable, but NOT with an brand new one.

Could it be that the display screen has been adjusted to a different voltage, because water damaged the phone? This would explain the fact that installing a brand new flex cable doesn't help...

Grtz. Ramon

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wasp2k9

[ Edited ]

I have got a Nokia N95 and it has been working fine until this morning i turned the mobile on and then everytime i pressed the down button on the mobile froze and the screen kept getting lighter and lighter till it was white then it would bring up the screen from befor but it had gone down the icon or on to my contacts (down key on stand by screen) the screen has also started to move across from where it was and where the screen had moved the pixels from the right had side of the screen to the left had side.

I have tried all the soft and hard resets and also updating the software up to the v31.0.017 and there is no warrenty left on the device

what can I do to sort out the problem with my phone?

if anybody can help me please contact me and put for the subject of the email faulty screen or something similar

Moderator's Note:

Removed personal details. PM sent to user.

PM to user:

We have removed your personal details as it is unwise to publish it publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
juhaovi

My N95 8GB also went black. It seems to work alright but the display do not work. The question is that how to make a backup of my phone before I get it to the repair. Because I cannot see anything I do not know how to put Bluetooth on, or If I connect the cable I do not remember by heart what buttons to press and in what order so I can get Nokia PC suite connected with my phone? Can Bluetooth be activated  pressing some buttons in right order?

Please use plain text.