Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N95 8gb - slowest phone ever

Advisor

Nokia N95 8gb - slowest phone ever

Before anyone suggest a software update etc etc, I've done it, tried it, got the t-shirt etc etc.

The phone is just bad. The way it sends an sms is just poor. Instead of whacking it into the outbox and letting you get on with other stuff it sits there saying sending and you have to wait until its done.

I "upgraded" from an N80 and ok so the N95 has a bigger screen and better camera,but thats where good points end. There are so many things I hate about it, but mainly its just very very slow!!

Please Nokia, next time you make something that looks like a porsche, make sure you put the porsche engine in it too!!
Mobile Sensei

Re: Nokia N95 8gb - slowest phone ever

My N95 8GB doesn't behave like that at all. There's no waiting for sending messages.

Something's amiss with your unit, I'd say.

How many messages do you have stored in the phone?
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you considered that you may have a faulty one or one that is bogged down by network branding/features?

The last N95 8GB I used was much faster than an N80.
Mobile Sensei

[ Edited ]
And just as a benchmarking exercise ( nothing to do with sending SMS, but everything to do against a claim that it is the "slowest phone ever" ):

http://www.jbenchmark.com/result.jsp

The N85 8GB is on the first page. I'll leave it to you to find the N80 on the list.

Message Edited by petrib on 15-Jan-2009 12:14 AM
Advisor

It has format, then a sw update. Then I restored text messages, around 700 and about 40 pictures etc. Its the amount of data.

Would hate to see how slow it is when its full 8gb+
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
That amount of messages would not slow it down.

It is either faulty or has network crippled firmware.

Networks like orange (for example) are well known for slowing phones down with their firmware variants.

Message Edited by psychomania on 14-Jan-2009 10:26 PM
Advisor

Its sim free. (real sim free, not just an unlocked phone)
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Then it is obviously faulty and you should either return it or take it to a nokia care point.

It is certainly not normal for it to be slower than an N80.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.