Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N95 more faster and better that N96?

Counsellor
leonfreeman

Nokia N95 more faster and better that N96?

Nokia N95-1:
CPU:
Dual CPU
CPU Type: ARM 11
CPU Clock Rate: 332 MHz
3D Graphics HW Accelerator
-
SDRAM Memory: 64 MB
(http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N95)
- price = 300 GB pounds

Nokia N95-2:
CPU:
Dual CPU
-
SDRAM Memory: 128 MB
(http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N95_8GB)
- price = 400 GB pounds

Nokia N95-3 NAM:
CPU:
Dual CPU
-
(http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N95-3_NAM)
- price = 533 US dollars
- price = 635 US dollars (8GB version)

Nokia N96:
CPU:
Dual CPU
CPU Type: ARM 9
CPU Clock Rate: 264 MHz
-
(http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N96)
- price = 535 GB pounds

N96 have 128 SDRAM & 8GB flash but CPU ARM 9 264 MHz and no 3D Graphics HW Accelerator
but the price on N96 - out of comments...
Nokia! Take a care for me and we real say THANK YOU NOKIA and you can collect a more money :smileyhappy:
Counsellor

Re: Nokia N95 more faster and better that N96?

Plus the N96 battery is something like 950 mAh like the original N95 and the N95 8GB is a 1200 mAh one so probably you will need to charge it more frequently, especially if you use that live TV feature on the N96 I would guess.
Professor
reaz33

After I use both N95 8GB & N96, found that N96 is farter than N95 8GB. Even it has less clock speeded CPU. They did some thing in OS. But another thing is after boot N95 8GB has more ram to use 90mb+. There is N96 has only 40mb+ My handy taskman show this result. So I'll check later can it handle same amount of multitasking or not.
N8,N97,N96,N86,N95 8GB,N85,5800,N79,N918GB,N82, N81, N93, N80, N73ME, N70, 6680, 6600,5320,5130,7610,7650,,SIE SX1...................
Counsellor
leonfreeman

Also if run test 3D - N96 does not have 3D hardware accelerator!!!
Nokia! Take a care for me and we real say THANK YOU NOKIA and you can collect a more money :smileyhappy:
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Yes the N96 CPU is ARM9 vs. the ARM11 of the N95 and N95 8GB and N96 doesn't have dedicated 3D acceleration HW.

But both these things in practice mean nothing.

There are very few programs that take advantage of the 3D acceleration hardware, rendering 3D via SW so no problems there.

While the CPU may not be as fast, the implementation is very different so you don't really see any slowdown in applications.

Remember the N95 uses a TI chipset the N96 uses the ST chipset. It's like comparing a 1GHz Intel with a 1GHz AMD, even though they run at the same speed the AMD will outperform the Intel in many tasks while the Intel will be better at others.

So these whole discussion, while interesting, is really pointless.

The N96 uses also On Demand Paging. So RAM issues are different than they are in N95 or N95 8GB. You can't compare them as they handle memory differently.

I think you need to test the N96 before you make conclusions based on the CPU specsheet alone.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Mobile Visionary
asem305

I agree with el-loco, a simple side by side hardware comparison will do no justice to both handsets.
Software optimization and how the software is designed to run on a certain hardware configuration play a great role in the general performance of the device. A simple example is computers; it’s well known that although high hardware specifications are preferred, performance doesn’t always follow.
It’s too early to judge the performance of the N96 based on hardware specifications only, and based on the promises given , I have great hopes in the device.:smileyhappy:
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Mobile Visionary
roberth

just to add the n96 although having the same 950 battery as the n95-1......has a much longer battery life again due to software optimizations...(feature pack 2)
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8048_Nokia_N96-the_ongoing_test_and.php

lets hope that that the N96 has a better battery life - i was for ever charging up my m95