Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N96 New Firmware Version 30.033 and Camera F...

Contributor

Nokia N96 New Firmware Version 30.033 and Camera Feature not Supported

[ Edited ]
I updated my Nokia N96 to the new firmware version 30.033 after which my phone camera is not working. When I press on the camera button it gives the message (Camera Feature not Supported). I played many tricks with it but of no use. I reset my phone to the original factory setting through (*#7370#) and Multi-finger process but of no help. I even reinstalled the updated version but the problem still persists. My camera worked fine before the update but now it gives the said message and the phone hanges up on pressing the camera button. I request nokia developers to help fix this problem and check their updates for buge before uploading them to the server to save users from problems & worries. If you found any solution for the problem then please let me know it on my E-Mail ID:  I will be grateful for your response. 
Message Edited by Kay_Cee on 12-Jan-2010 03:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Re: Nokia N96 New Firmware Version 30.033 and Camera Feature not Supported

post edited

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
hlepcha

Kay_Cee

You told everything about the firmware upgrades and the non-functional camera features.

I did everything [firmware re-installation, hard-reset etc. etc.] to get my camera features back. This includes visiting the authorized Nokia service centre and paying them bucks.

No luck buddy. I may have an ardent brand loyalty to Nokia but Nokia is letting me down every way.

Any luck buddy? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

hlepcha wrote:

Kay_Cee

You told everything about the firmware upgrades and the non-functional camera features.

I did everything [firmware re-installation, hard-reset etc. etc.] to get my camera features back. This includes visiting the authorized Nokia service centre and paying them bucks.

No luck buddy. I may have an ardent brand loyalty to Nokia but Nokia is letting me down every way.

Any luck buddy? 

you should not have had to pay a nokia care point for what ammounts to a warenty repair,

The camera issue with the N96 upgrade is an uncommon but known bug,

If a hard reset, or a firmware reinstall doesn't fix it then take the phone to a nokia care point and have them fix it for free under the warenty

Please use plain text.
hlepcha

Nokia are you listening or still acting an immobile listener!

Why can't you debug the firmware [version 30.033] to support the camera and other multimedia features as yet.

Respond to the brand loyals like us people 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

99% of users the camera works fine after the upgrade,

You are one of the unlucky few,

take the phone to a carepoint

30.033 is over a year old now and it's unlikely tho not imposible that the 2 year old N96 will receive any further upgrades

Please use plain text.
Medlou

Re: Nokia N96 Camera Feature not Supported

Hi,

I am a Nokia N96 owner and I got the same problem with the camera.  Same message error:  Feature not supported.  I've tried all the advices given on this forum but still the camera does not work.  I call Nokia and have been told that as my device is a Chinese Product I must send my phone to a Nokia Repair Centre in China.....What a nice support!  I live in Quebec, Canada.  I sent email asking for a solution but after 3 weeks still waiting for a reply from Nokia.  I like my phone very much but I am not sure at all that my next cell phone will be a Nokia one....I am not sure at all that the problem came from the updating as my husband is also a N-96 owner and the camera still works perfectly....It is very disappointing to feel so ignored by Nokia....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Where did you buy your N96 from

If it was bought in canada from an official source then its Nokia canada's problem to fix

If it's a phone imported from china by a reseller then nokai are corect, the warenty is only valid in china and you bought a cheaper handset at the expense of a local warenty

Please use plain text.
Medlou

I bouhgt this phone on Ebay from a seller located in Vancouver, Canada.

When I spoke with Nokia they told me, by the serial number, that the phone was a Nokia China product, not a copy.  But I must send my phone to China to have it repaired......

I paid 900$ for that phone as I wanted to have it unlocked.  I don't mind for the warranty.  All I want is to have it fixed. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nk4528

i am having same problem with N96 made from phillipines the camera feature not supported problem because of the firmware ver 30.33

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi Nk4528,

have you tried re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite? If that doesn't work, then you can try performing a three finger hard reset and if that still doesn't solve your issue, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
afzaaldurani97

ths problem can be solved in pakistan,
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
afzaaldurani97

in my city lahore Pakistan, frm hall road market, ths cam prob can b solvd, in very cheap price
Please use plain text.