Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N97 Firmware 2.1

Advisor

Nokia N97 Firmware 2.1

Where is Nokia N97 Firmware v 2.1 ? I guess there were some posts which said that it will be released on 28th Jan... Not sure what happened to it...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
The_Funkateer

Re: Nokia N97 Firmware 2.1

Nokia never give a release date but yes, from earlier posts, there was an update expected today.  I would think it will be out soon.
If you found this post helpful, please click the green KUDOS star on the left

N70 -> N76 -> N79 -> N95 -> N95 8GB -> N97 RM-505 SW v20.0.019
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

" I would think it will be out soon. "
i wouldnt...
Please use plain text.
Sage
timmyjo

Why is it taking so long (7+ months) for Nokia to get it's own product working as it should? I guess all the "rocket scientists" are busy doing other stuff....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hmm, it's hard to know, but we, on this forumpages, are not the majority of the n97 buyers. They are out there in the world and most of them don't even know about this discussionsites.

Or, Nokia have problems with making a good fw update on a phone that has bad hardware. I think it's better that Nokia works hard on the updates, rather than release them to early, just to release them.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

I think they should relese them as soon as they get them - it is not like the N97 can get any worse.

There is some discussion that the next firmware will be the new symbian^2 - I am not holding my breath as i am usually disappointed by both Nokia and Symbian when it come to the n97

I do give them top points for the latest maps - first good app they have delivered, so maybe there is a bit of hope. 

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Now i saw a post saying that it will be released from tomorrow (ie from 1st Feb)..

Lets wait & see....

Please use plain text.