Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N97 Mini - Pictures / Video - Disable

Aljgohuti

Nokia N97 Mini - Pictures / Video - Disable

Hey, I recently got my Nokia N97 Mini, And im just wondering if its possible to disable the Camera Shutter noise whenever your taking a picture, And is it possible to turn off the Red Light when recording? 

Its annoying when im trying to record something, Sometimes it will reflect off surfaces.. Also the Camera Shutter noise is annoying.. Interrupts silence when i want to take pictures , At special events.. 

Is there a way to Disable these 2 things? Thanks!

Professor
blueheartz

Re: Nokia N97 Mini - Pictures / Video - Disable

No you can't do any of these things! It is for some privacy reasons we can't do it. Let others also know what you are clicking and shooting :smileywink:
Please thank me by giving 'KUDOS' star. It will help me to serve you better.
Currently using N82 and 5230. Next would be N?
Sage

I asked this when I got my phone, too. There is no way. 

It was a real pain when trying to take sly photos on the nudist beach. 

Counsellor
slavapak

regarding a shutter sound. this thing can be easily managed. change your active profile to silenced and take as many photos as you want without any annoying sounds. at least this is what i do when i want to take pictures of my sleeping child.

Contributor
XpIndia

coool...

thanks. Good thinking.

Professor
princemarvin

I agree, setting ur mobile profile to Silent will remove the shutter sound.
If you like my post & find it helpful click on the Kudos button... Thanks.. ;-)
Counsellor
atms001

Hi

you can disable the shuttle audio by going to Profile > General > Personalise > Warning tones ( Turn OFF ). Im not sure yet if you can disable the Red video Recording light. I doubt it but will check.. Great phone this.. just sub-standard antenna **bleep** reception ...:smileyhappy:

Professor
blueheartz

You can't off the red light though!

Please thank me by giving 'KUDOS' star. It will help me to serve you better.
Currently using N82 and 5230. Next would be N?
Counsellor

On my Mini the silent profile doesn't change the shutter sound. I imagfine the red light would be easier to deal with, just put a small piece of black electrical tape over it.

Registered Member
john34

you can disable the shuttle audio by going to Profile > General > Personalise > Warning tones ( Turn OFF )