Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N97(RM-505) firmware not avaliable

Advisor

Nokia N97(RM-505) firmware not avaliable

I am Sanjay Navik from India using a nokia N97 with the firmware (20.0.019)  Model No and Type is N97 (RM-505), As per Search on internet a new firmware is avaiable for the phone i.e.,  version 21.0.045 and 21.2.045 are released. When i try to upgrade from NSU. its say in on the latest version of firmware. can any one explain why i can't upgrade to new firmware. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Re: Nokia N97(RM-505) firmware not avaliable

updating to new firmware depends on product code which represents your region of purchasing, language pack and if it's branded or not .... so NOKIA releases firmwares and release it for every product code depending on mentioned points

you can check for updates @ :

http://mea.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

To find what the latest available device software is, you’ll need your device’s product code. The code is printed on the white label beneath the battery (e.g. CODE: 0520001).

if your phone is branded with an operator, that means that you should go to the operator care center and ask them, not NOKIA

some updates delay in some countries variant product code, as it requires more effort to add language pack to it like and in some certain countries "example. China Japan Korea" or it needs the country to approve it due to its policy

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Advisor

When i go to the above link mentioned by you, its say

Latest available software for  Nokia N97, product code 0587487
Version:  20.0.019
Compare numbers
If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements. Go to Nokia Software Updater download

but in indian website of nokia i can see the version 21.0.045 is release and they are taken the feedback also. my phone is branded and not tied up with any operator.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

dear sanjay ,latest FW 21.0.0,45 is not available for Rm- 505 India ,I m still trying to update my phone prouct code 0587487....we cn just wait for new fW so wait and watch..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I contacted to nokia care regarding new FW but they said they have only latest 2.0 not 2.1

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks satveerr

Please use plain text.