Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N97 software update 2.0

Counsellor

[ Edited ]

gallimar wrote:

im being treated as one i know, but its not what i payed 500 quid for and its certainly someting im not going to encourage by supporting the forum users here asking to roll out beta patches on us

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Too right. I only said that we are being "treated" like BETA testers. Not that we should BETA test firmwares. I think people here quite like that idea because of what nokia has reduced us to... Desperation.

Nobody wants to pay for the latest and greatest phone only to then suffer the errors and problems that we have.

Atleast we all agree on one thing which is that the N97 is far from acceptable in its current form.

Message Edited by B9099 on 20-Oct-2009 04:50 PM
Nokia N97 - Dis-connecting People :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

dear NOKIA you should pay us as a BETA TESTERS.

I am spending all day with the phone trying to make it work, but doing a lot of other stuff.. so please use us as a beta testers and pay as a regular salary. It will no be a full time job but 200 quit a month would be nice.. I have this phone from the premiere date so I have earned for a new n900, Nokia keep the rest of my salary, just post me a new n900, if it will be full working model fine, if not I can do some beta testes for you for another 200 a month. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Hmm... as usual, this thread become totally ridiculous and unconstructive :smileysad:
Message Edited by lbalogh on 20-Oct-2009 06:48 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
britzinelul24

Yes,totaly agree with you @lbalogh,they relly think that Nokia will launch if ther demand or if they want beta :smileyhappy:))) very,very funny
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So we should just lay down and take this rubbish without complaint. Sounds like 2 nokia employees tryong to cool things down. LOLZ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Sounds like a kid not having his daily dose of chocolate. LOLZ
Please use plain text.
Sage

Whatever your "gripes" are, with the N97, I wouldn't bother trying to expect Nokia to make any official reply!

They simply AREN'T INTERESTED.

The ONLY thing which may make them (encourage them) to make any form of response, would be litigation.

There are MANY forums, including NOKIAs OWN forum, where customers have problems in one form or another (and NOT just "wish lists"). They are mostly fundemental problems like some which have been described here, along with the GPS being "out" by 200 yards (that's 600 foot). And Nokias' response?? Nothing.

Great PR from a company which used to be a flagship mobile phone supplier.

Even when the "dedicated N97 support line" is called, they have no answers either, except for "knee jerk reaction".

Nokia have certainly slumped from the position in the market. But hey, we're only a tiny percentage of users who actually wish their voices to be heard.

Cheers

N97MINI from 150310, after the N97 (number3) drove me mad!! Prev handset N82, 6230i, N80, 6600, 6310, 5110, 3210, 6300, and others :-)

kevinx_98 on Skype
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Or a 30 year old man that doesn't think being treated like a BETA tester is acceptable. You clearly have no problems with your N97... Maybe you shouldn't bother upgrading when V20 is released? ;-)
Please use plain text.

I'm typing from italy and i only think 1 important thing. Nokia will loose many customers having this strategy with the ones who spent kind of 550 € like me for a n97. Nokia it's making many mistakes like sony and other major company of the electronical market. Doing this way we all will be bored soon of spending more moneys for only the brand and......I'm saying that cause i was waiting for the n900 for an exchange, but i'm upset with nokia and no more faithfull with it so....let's come out this "F.....abulous" fimware and let us see what u're able to do or....bye bye and come on with Htc or Samsung.
Please use plain text.

and...i was forgetting about the post of the nokia's employee which answered about the way to answer a call in stand by mode...well just a scroll, one touch from left to right yes, but dear employee often the phone has do be restarted cause i can't answer and doing anything all. So don't threat us like child and go on with your job!!! (dear employee)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mylast1

As my name states this is my last one. I've had the N95 and the 5800Xpress so I chose to get the new one(97)

and I'm sorry I did.  As many of you have waited and waited for the promised 2.0 my device has just gotten slower and slower. I can't even stand the browser anymore..Thank God for Opera mini 5. I paid $750.00 for this phone and can not see spending that again for any Nokia product.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am sorry for anyone who has bought the N97, and is waiting for this V20 update, you should have done you're research before you bought such an expensive piece of kit!

You could have come on here first, I have been a Nokia owner for years now, and I have experienced this problem with updates been delayed, rumours floating around etc etc..........

Nokia should get it right the first time with a new product, thus saving thousands of consumers having beleived they have wasted hundreds of pounds on a brick!!!!!!!.........

It is about time we voted with our feet and boycotted Nokia, until they can get their hardware and software engineers (who are paid too much) to start talking to each other, before they release such an expensive mobile phone to the unsuspecting public.

But like I have already said, they keep doing it, and we keep buying their mobiles, they know fine well that the longer they dangle the carrot, the less likely we will complain if the update is still rubbish, knowing we will just be glad it is here!

Enough said, come on Nokia, stop treating us like idiots and treat us with the respect we gave you to make you into the worlds largest mobile phone manufacturer !!!

A very upset and annoyed Yorkshire Man

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

who cares its only a firmware update? mine works fine on v12.0.024 a few minor bugs but i can live with it for now. there really is no rush for the v20 just let the engeneers do their job instead of screaming at them, ket them do their job so they can release firmware when its good and ready, instead of answering the same questions 100 times over from people on the forum.

i moved from iphone and it made me realise just how much better the nokia is..

take your time nokia and cant wait to see the new firmware :smileyvery-happy:...

then we will see which areas of th globe get the update first

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Speakerphone problems: The phone is completely useless when used as a speakerphone. And, there are a lot of users that experiences this! When used in speakerphonemoduse, either with the telephone open og closed, and this have been experimented with in short and close range fysically from the phone, and with loud and nearly whispering voice - the people in the other end, can only hear pieces of my voice! I drop out all the time. They only hear parts of my voice, as if I should be in a place whit no connection whit my network operator. When the phone is used normally, not as a louspeakerphone, this problem never occurs. I HOPE that this issue is fixed in the 2.0 firmware!
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

OMg i just got two software update messages from my nokia and i plugged my phone in and it's still V12..

i dont get it

it says

Your device already has the latest supported software no update needed.

Please note that your mobile service provider may not have approved the latest nokia device firmware

n97.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Please get this release out ASAP! Nokia you don't realise how damaging this product is to your brand.

I've always owned Nokia phones, I had the N95 as soon as it came out and marvelled at the technology. My company provides me with any free handset I want, so I had a choice of upgrading from the N95 to the iPhone. I resisted because of the iTunes Store and the general practice of only being able to get my apps from one place.

I avoided the iPhone, the 3G/3GS and waited patiently for the N97.

The N95 inspired me and wowed me - the initial bugs I could cope and live with since it was cutting edge technology at the time. 

The N97 (in its current form) makes me angry because it doesn't offer anything over the competition - and the massive, massive downside is the user interface which seems to have had no real world testing or QA whatsoever. Its so frustrating to use - and really annoying to live with.

@Nokia: your recent announcement to go with Maemo instead of Symbian is great for new customers, but bad news for N97 customers. I believe that any Symbian updates will be take a back seat and your priorities are now with developing a new OS and apps - rather than fixing your flagship product.

It's simply not acceptable, I feel like I've made a very bad decision in which phone to purchase - and the adverts on TV make the N97 out to be a slick easy to use device - which couldn't be further from the true.

I do not want *another* version of Maps where you change the buttons and interface.

I do not want NGAGE games and applications

I do not want another music player or content syndication app

I want a phone which is capable of doing is basic functions well first, and then being awesome second. 

That means

Don't crash when trying to send a text

Don't take 5 seconds to show a text message

Don't save the text mssage im writting to drafts when i need to read a new one first

Don't take 3 seconds to update the screen when I tilt

Dont tilt the screen when I pickup the phone to answer a call and make me chase buttons and wait for the screen to update

Don't ask me if I want to make a Video call when my operator doesn't support this

Don't require 2 taps to select some option and 1 tap to select others

And a billion other usability failures I'm sure you're well aware of but wont spend the time and money on fixing

Message Edited by Martz on 21-Oct-2009 09:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

One of the N97 on Nokia RDA has been updated to 20.0.019, a good sign that the update is just arround the corner !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Anatman wrote:
Speakerphone problems: The phone is completely useless when used as a speakerphone. And, there are a lot of users that experiences this! When used in speakerphonemoduse, either with the telephone open og closed, and this have been experimented with in short and close range fysically from the phone, and with loud and nearly whispering voice - the people in the other end, can only hear pieces of my voice! I drop out all the time. They only hear parts of my voice, as if I should be in a place whit no connection whit my network operator. When the phone is used normally, not as a louspeakerphone, this problem never occurs. I HOPE that this issue is fixed in the 2.0 firmware!

so do i, this hardware is the crappest functioning phone ive ever owned, and i have owned the one you can buy from car phone warehouse for £5. the n97 cant take or make calls properly, its the sadest excuse for a phone to have ever risen in the whole time of mobile telemarketing.

nokia - connecting people in the forum cus £500 piece of hardware crashes after a phone call

please join my discussion on the crashing phone after taking a call - http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&thread.id=60661
Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

YESS. whats RDA?
n97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

lbalogh wrote:
One of the N97 on Nokia RDA has been updated to 20.0.019, a good sign that the update is just arround the corner !

It is a good sign.  With the last two updates it's been roughly within 10 days afterwards that they've been released on the NSU.

RDA is a service on forum nokia that lets developers test applications on real phones remotely.

http://apu.ndhub.net

Please use plain text.