Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Panorama for N8

Counsellor
avalx
Accepted Solution

Nokia Panorama for N8

Anybody knows what happened with Nokia Panorama lately?

A few days ago there was an update in Nokia Store. I updated on my device and the program did not start anymore (just crashed without any indication on what went wrong - :smileymad:). Then I removed the application and tried to install it once again, but I get the notice that this application is not available for N8 :smileysurprised:

Does this mean we wont get Nokia Panorama on N8 anymore.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Nokia Panorama for N8

Looks like you're correct. Panorama is not available for the N8 anymore.

http://store.ovi.com/content/108705?clickSource=search&pos=1

However, Nokia are offering Camera lover pack for free at the moment and that has a panorama feature.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

Camera Lover pack has a rubbish Panorama function - nothing compared to Nokia Panorama.  I've messaged Nokia asking if they can make the previous version available again seeing as it worked so hopefully they'll be nice and make it so!

Hopefully they're working out the bugs with the new version and will make it available again, and hopefully someone in the know will see this posting and be able to tell us what's going on!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

Agreed - Panorama is much better then Camera Lover pack, please bring it back to N8! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Interestingly, Panorama is still working on my N8 so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm sure you'll get it working for you again soon. :smileywink:

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@avalx

You would not have to search very far to find Nokia_Panorama_v2.50(5)_Symbian^3_Anna_Belle_Signed

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

aspergerguy wrote:

@avalx

You would not have to search very far to find Nokia_Panorama_v2.50(5)_Symbian^3_Anna_Belle_Signed

Well, this is the version that crashes all the time - I got the info for the older version that works.

Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

I'd messaged Nokia about this app disappearing - looks like they've fixed what was wrong with it - it's now available for download again.  I've pasted below the instructions...happy snapping!

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are sorry for the miscommunication on the previous reply. With regard on the Nokia Panorama application, please be informed that it can be available on the symbian devices including on your N8-00. Kindly download the said application using the link below:

http://store.ovi.com/content/112209?clickSource=search&pos=1

In addition on your first email that the application was unable to launch on your handset, kindly uninstall it and redownload from 'My Stuff.'

Please refer the steps below:

To uninstall application:

1. Press Menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Applications mgr.
4. Select Installed apps.
5. Select the application that you want to uninstall.
6. Press Options.
7. Select Uninstall.
8. Select Yes.

Power cycle your device before redownload:

1. Press and hold the power button for about 8 seconds. The device vibrates three times and switches off.
2. To switch your device on again, press the power button.

Clear your phone's cache and cookies by following the instructions below:

1. Go to Menu.
2. Go to Internet.
3. Go to Web.
4. Tap Options.
5. Choose Clear Privacy Data.
6. Choose Cache and Cookies.

Redownload from 'My Stuff'

1. Sign in to www.store.ovi.com
2. Sign in your account
3. Click on Account
4. Click on My Stuff
5. Select the application that you have downloaded.

If the application is still unable to launch on your device, we suggest you to perform a soft reset on your handset. To do this, follow the steps provided:

1. Go to the phone's main screen and press *#7780#.
2. You will be prompted to restore the factory settings and it will ask for a lock code. If you have not changed the code, the default is 12345.
3. Your phone will automatically restart after pressing the code.

We appreciate your patience and further solicit your understanding.

Kindly give us feedback regarding this issue so that we may give you further assistance. If you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

I see there is an update on my N8..... Reluctant to update since the Camera Lover's pack is pretty bad compared to this App... Will update you guys if it's working after the update or not.....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

Vaidovesta - follow my instructions and it should work ok. The original update didn't work for me, but this latest version they've made available has fixed the bugs - just follow the instructions I posted...
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Update via the Nokia Store works just fine.... Also, Link provided by @another_rob is working.....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infms

[ Edited ]

I've updated to the latest version - 2.50(6) - on my N8 but the captured panorama images seem to be super low resolution at times (even when set to 'high' in settings), almost useless. Has anyone else noticed this?

Please use plain text.
REFinch

Yes, same here - poor resolution after update. But have also noticed it doesn't run out of memory anymore....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
szwaymi

Yes, truely, after updating to version 2.50(6), although it would run out of memoy, but, the resolution is tooooooooo BAD to use!!!!

Please use plain text.