Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia = Poor VGA 30fps Recording?

Contributor

Nokia = Poor VGA 30fps Recording?

I bought Nokia 6220 Classic(less than week ago) and the VGA 30fps recording is really bad. Overall quality is noticeably worse than LG KU990(which is really old) but i can live with that.

But the main problem is the auto focus(light meter) during video recording. It's SUPER SLOW, so if u move from bright to dark, or dark to bright, the whole screen goes for black or white for a sec or two. Thanks to this bs i went to Nokia Care Centre 3 times already, and i'm also going back to the phone shop for 3rd time to get the pos replaced cos apparently the GPS is faulty.

Second time i went to the Nokia Care Centre fat ugly 4 eyed guy told me cos it has Vodafone settings so it will work once i get the Vodafone sim, so i changed to Vodafone n got Vodafone sim n it still doesn't work, took it back to the NCC n fat 4 eyed now tells me GPS on my phone is faulty. :smileysad:

I've purchased bout 5 Samsung, 5 Sony/Ericsson, 5 Motorola, 2 LG, 2 Nokia phones so far, but i'm never gonna buy another **bleep** Nokia phone again. I would have made small fortune even if i got paid $4 per hour for all the time i wasted on 6220c.

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

[ Edited ]

There is a reason that my N97 is the same size as the battery on my HandyCam - It really wasn't meant to make feature films, maybe good for catching something bizarre out of the ordinary where something is better than nothing - and that is about it.

Message Edited by rasmus on 24-Nov-2009 06:31 AM
I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

The video recording on my N97 mini is worse than my old KU990 viewty phone, which is dissapointing. The still pictures are better tho (better quality and faster focussing)! Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

But it's disappointing that the video capabilities of the N97 fall so far short of other phones in the class (Omnia, for example). The lack of initial focus is a shame - as is the decision to fix focus to long distance so that head shots come out soft. But worse is the very high compression, which means videos with lots of detail (e.g. with leaves in the background) come out very poorly

Message Edited by Tom_Rees on 24-Nov-2009 11:16 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I was able to return the 6220 Classic back to the phone shop for full credit. ;p

I'm gonna buy LG KC910 instead, at least it'll have better camera, much better video recording and better for watching movies.

Please use plain text.