Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Social 1.3 "Unable to Install"

chattaBox

[ Edited ]

1. Press Menu

2. Press Settings

3. Press Application Manager

4. Press Installed apps.

5. Scroll down & find Socially, press down for a few secs, a pop-up will show Uninstall. Now Unistall!

6. If you also have Social Installer. Do the same and Unistall that too.

7. Restart your mobile (or turn your phone off, then on)

8. Go here & download/save the N8FANBOYCLUB.SOCIAL1.3 zip file to your desktop.

(and YES, N8 social DOES work with NOKIA C7!!)

9. Unzip file to a SISX file.

10. Attach your mobile to your computer using your USB cable. you should receive a pop up on your comp. screen for your Phone memory folders. Open Mass Memory.

Choose & open INSTALLS folder.

11. Drag & dop (or copy & paste) the N8FANBOYSOCIAL1.3 sisx File into your Installs folder.

12. Remove your USB cable.

13. Press menu, settings, Application Manager, Installation Files, Now press & Install the New N8/Nokiac7 Social file you just added to your mobile. Wait until everything has installed into your mobile (ie: widget etc)

After installation, mobile will restart automatically or you can restart your mobile yourself.

Once mobile has restarted, you SHOULD have Soicals back to your mobile.

14. Add Socials to your home screen by pressing down on the screen for a few seconds, if you have space on your home screen, press the + and scroll to Socials and add this to your screen, click done. Now sign into Socials.

side note: Please make sure your SIM is inserted into your phone and working.

(as the world is never simple, this process may or may not work for everyone.)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jimmy09

I just uninstalled the Social app and then installed the 1.3 SISX and the program just worked flawlessly.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hey Chattox, Gr8 work mate..

U nailed it ..

works Just fine ,

Thanks a ton.....    :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

gave u a Kudos ..   :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tanya25m

Hi cecampbell

I've also uninstalled Social because v1.3 didn't work for me. Tried to follow your steps, but I'm getting a 'Certificate Error' when I try to install 1.1.

Any tips??

Thanks!

t

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

There is beta version of the Social client (1.3.189) for Symbian^3 devices available on our Betalabs, see following link:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-social-1-3

Feel free to try it and give feedback directly to that site.

I saw one issue after installation. The version was 1.3.143 after installation. I rebooted the device and then version number updated to 1.3.189.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mayhem1985

[ Edited ]

Thanks very much for making these step by step help. i fought like 7 hours whit C7 phone today i nearly threw it to wall. but thanks to chattabox it works perfectly again :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I have "Update" error. Where do I get 1.1.144? Expired Certificate!

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Is this why I get "Update Error" now?????

svi78 wrote:

Thank you for the fast reply.  We are investigating the issue. 

Please note that if you have successfully upgraded to 1.3 you should NOT try to downgrade.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

shanemclaughlin wrote:

If you have had problems installing 1.3, please go to this link to install a previous version that should work.

http://bit.ly/d8Cu9D

Please note that if you have successfully upgraded to 1.3 you should NOT try to downgrade.

We apologize for the inconvenience and our team is working hard to continue to give you a great social experience on your Nokia device.

Any resolution?

Here's my experience!

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Nokia-Social-1-3-xxx-quot-Update-Error-quot-Help/m-p/1019725

Please use plain text.
pressduck

OK, here's my 2 cents: ever since I got my fingers on the E7 a month ago, gorgeous looking phone btw, I was banging my head n-times with errors, freezes, can't install/uninstall messages, hard/soft resets and other problems, all related to the damned Social app. Yesterday, finaly, after I was about to trash the phone in to the glass door of my carrier's store, I did something that made the social app play.

I don't know about the rest of you but my phone came with my local language installed so first I changed the language to english and have phone rebooted.

For the first time I saw social installer actually installed as an app (before I couldn't uninstall it because it simply wasn't there, and i got **bleep** messages as: social is already installed) so I uninstalled everything called social. Rebooted and first installed Social mixer downloaded from  http://www.multiupload.com/7GNQIJ1XEB and followed instuctions from /t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Nokia-Social-1-3-quot-Unable-to-Install-quot/td-p/900041/page/4 and after that social app from the same zip.

Everything installed flawlesly, phone rebooted again and I updated to the last beta version from this site - it finaly works. Rebooted again, switched to my own language and voila. I guess this will work for the N8, too.

ON The other hand. The app itself is a mediocre attempt (no LinkedIn) of a fully functional social app from other platforms (iOS, Android) but at least it works now. So far, looks and basic functions as making a call aside, Nokia E7 has been a joke. I have used Nokia phones from 1995 onwards (anyone remembers 2110?, 6310i, 6680, E75 among others) and not once have I witnessed so much **bleep** responses, trouble and unstability as with this phone. It is utterly unacceptable to sell a +500€ phone that is half functional, buggy, unstable and inpractical in so many ways it really hurts. I don't like Microsoft but as I see this it was the only smart and logical move from Nokia to get them to write some decent software. OVI store is a joke, too - apps work or they don't, all the icons look different (resolution, size, no auto update warnings, no OVI software backusps...) About the only thing that is really good on this phone is the Maps app and it too needs some functionality improvements.

Best, Ales

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Social Client version 1.3.215 (named Social Networking client) for Symbian^3 devices is available on OVI Store.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

svi78 wrote:

Social Client version 1.3.215 (named Social Networking client) for Symbian^3 devices is available on OVI Store.

Direct link is http://store.ovi.com/content/137675

Note you might find that it will not install over the existing social app. I couldn't as I was running 1.3.189 and Ovi Store did not recognize the new app as an upgrade. If you get this problem, go to the app manager on your phone and uninstall Social, and Social Installer and you will then be able to install the latest version.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
kezcap70

Hi Chattabox.. I did everything in your post but when I get to Install files and press the sis file to install it comes up with the Preparing to install and the name of the file.. i hit ok..... then...Unable to Install.......   HELPPPPPPPP

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I had the same problem tried all the above, The only one that worked was Post 23 on page 2 of  this thread from  skichan

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sriszone

Problem Solved

install these files 

1. first

2. second

enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?behguz4d7bitz53

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wateratz

Uninstalled, and then reinstalled via Ovi - so far so good, 1.3.237 not locking the phone up at present, signed into both Twitter and Facebook

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Guitsy93

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Nokia-Social-1-3-quot-Unable-to-Install-quot/td-p/900041/page/4   

Look this! A mi me sirvio!!!!!!!, sorry I'm not speak english :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zubairbrohi

how to restore my social application on N 8 .
Please use plain text.