Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Social 1.3 "Unable to Install"

Employee
shanemclaughlin

As most people may know by now, users of the 1.2.157 client are having install issues with 1.3. You can go to this link to install a previous version. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are working hard to make your experience better.

http://bit.ly/d8Cu9D

Shane from Nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich_enduro

not had a problem myself installing to my n8 but i just cannot get the status update to appear on the contact page. I've removed the facebook connection and re-added it but nothing seems to be able to get it working. i can add a twitter status to the contact but my main contacts don't use twitter!

Nexu 5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VerdantOvi

If you are having problems with the Social client, please reinstall Social 1.2.163. You can download the client installer from the URL at:

http://bit.ly/d8Cu9D

If you have already installed, or upgraded to Social 1.2.157, you should download and install Social 1.2.163.

If you have Social 1.1.144, you should download and install Social 1.2.163.

If you upgraded to Social 1.3.143, please be patient...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DamoMils

This link works but the installation fails whether you try it directly from the handset or via Ovi Suite.

When will there be a solution to this. Quite rediculous frankly.....
Please use plain text.
Sage
Henker

shanemclaughlin wrote:

inconvenience and we are working hard to make your experience better.

Please don't. My experience was OK already.

Please use plain text.
Sage

I did not do any  of these things and today it works like before.....but I did have the install issue two days before....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcfc1884

N8FanClub.com/social
try that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
machana

The update 1.3 is not working. Colud you send the link.
Thank you
Please use plain text.
Advisor
machana

The update 1.3 link is not working. Colud you send the link.
Thank you ....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerusm

I believe the update has been pulled back. (Nokia Social 1.3 and Ovi Store 2.04), as of 12pm today, I have not been able to download these updates from Nokia

Please use plain text.
snapper888

Hi, after happlily upgrading to 1.3 for a few weeks, I got the dreaded 'un and re-install communities'' message.

I am able to open all 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 on N8, but installation fails every attempt on all versions. Is there a conflict with Nokia Internet Radio, as it seems the problem started when I installed that.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raptor2k7

I hope someone from nokia is still watching this thread, or if not, i hope someone has the same experience.

I can upload pics directly from the camera app after I take it, but it's just not possible to upload a picture from the gallery either using the native gallery or doing it through social.

Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Social worked for about a week after I got my N8. Since then, I've had the "Sorry, please uninstall and re-install communities" error. Unfortunately, this device doesn't correct the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled communities until I was blue in the face. It hasn't helped the problem. Even firmware update 1.1 did nothing to help. I really miss this application.

Oh btw, don't touch version 144 of either 1.1 or 1.2 (linked to on this thread). It will mess your install up further (if that's even possible).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
marrto

This solution worked for me. But at the start I had problems.

When I unistalled the social app and reinstalled Social_1_1_update in didn't prompt me reboot. So I tried again and then I had everything working. I followed these steps and its working fine. Also got my social widget back.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinHall7

I can't get any of the Social clients to install including from the link sent by Shane from Nokia.I just get an error that says "Unable to install". So far I have a £300 paperweight. I am so sick an tired of the errors, bugs and annoyances. This is a new phone and it should work.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcfc1884

anyone wanting the updated version [1.3 social] will get the download from N8 fanclub.com. Just type into Google >N8 fanclub social download. I have a c7 and it works on my phone perfectly. Happy networking.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcfc1884

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcfc1884

the link above will work. So long as you have a compatible handset.
Please use plain text.
Sage
aliqudsi

Simplest solution skip all that you jst read and download it form this link: http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/480827-184-social_13143

(you might need to make an account first but its free)

this will give you the latest version (1.3) with no problems downloading it whatsoever :smileyhappy:

enjoy

If you found this post or any other psot helpful please press the green kudus star :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Try this!!

1. close your socially program

2. remove your socially widget from your homescreen!!!

3. Install socially 1.3

I had try this, it works. I was update from 1.2 to 1.3

Please use plain text.