Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Social troubles

xavix

Nokia Social troubles

Nokia Social v1.5.215

C6-01 RM-718

Nokia Belle 111.030.0609.C00.01

Catalan language

I detect the following troubles

1) One contact that exists in Facebook don't appears in Nokia Social - Friends - All friends.
This contact appears in www.facebook.com and in official Facebook mobile aplication.

2) I linked some people between Contacts and Nokia Social.
Then in the phone contact, after the Nokia Social icon (blue and inside one "f" ), it appears a message (see what is doing XXX in Facebook).
But sometimes or in some contacts, the message don't appears.
After some minutes I return to one contact with message and then i can't see it (the opposite it's true too)

If a make a touch in the message area (but WITHOUT message), it works: the Nokia Social application starts with this friend

3) Nokia Social - friends
Some friends have a symbol or picture. Is a green notebook with a face in white
The icon appears and disappears like 2)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
troffius

Re: Nokia Social troubles

Same problem here, Nokia E7 Belle. Some friends missing in social, facinate or fmobi, that are not missing in facebook or m.facebook or touch.facebook. The subcribtion settings are identical to others that are not missing. Also no comments appear from them.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
licky52

I am having the same problem .. I like to access my friends Facebook profile from my phone contacts but can't if the Facebook status does not show in their contact card ... I uninstalled, re-booted and reinstalled the application and again linked all my phone contacts to relevant Facebook profiles and the facebook status stays on the contact card for a short while then disappears ....... did not have this problem in Anna
Please use plain text.
Contributor
enginvoiper

I have the problem of some missing friends, but also have a mystery friend added in Nokia Social (E7-00 Belle).  I don't know the person but on investigation of their page found them to be a friend of a friend.  I hadn't befriended the person and they do not appear in the friends list when using www.facebook.com. After not finding any way to un-friend from Social, I tried deleting and re-installing Social, but the mystery friend is still there. And still not showing in the other Facebook.

Please use plain text.
nyanamba84

I ve problem with Nokia asha 200 with social and chat.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
enginvoiper

[ Edited ]

I discovered solutions to the two problems I was having with Nokia Social and Facebook friends.

1. For a missing friend. Reinstalling the Social app did not help. I visited  Facebook using a web browser and unfriended the friend. Then I sent a new friend request to them. After they accepted the request, they came up on the Nokia Social facebook friend list.

2. Phantom unknown mystery friend. Again, reinstalling Social didn't help. They don't appear in regular Facebook so couldn't be unfriended. I deleted and reinstated my Facebook account in Nokia Social. Then the phantom friend was gone.

So far working OK.

Please use plain text.