Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Windows driver Package?

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia Windows driver Package?

I've just spent the last hour clearing out some rarely used software when I noticed the "Windows driver package - Nokia pccsmcfd legacy driver" in my list of programmes.

The size of this application is 3.52gb

That seems an awfully large file for some drivers.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Schintzel

Re: Nokia Windows driver Package?

I'm in the same situation, mine is 4.72gb. What could it possibly be?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Exp_PT

In my case is 4,8 Gb. Does anyone know what this is for and i can be removed?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SHABD

SAME HERE.. SURPRISING 9GB..

Please use plain text.
Employee

[ Edited ]

Do not uninstall the driver, Nokia Suite requires that driver, if phone is in wrong USB mode and Nokia Suite uses that to change phone to correct USB mode.

Driver size is actually about 30 KB. For some reason, Windows seem to show the driver size wrongly. Can you attach here a screenshot, from where in Windows you can see this big size for the driver?

What Windows versions are you using?

Please use plain text.
Employee

We have now seen few PCs where WIndows -> Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs informs incorrectly the driver size. Actually driver size is less than 30 KB. 

- Don't worry about incorrect information provided by "Add and Remove Programs" in Windows

- Don't uninstall this driver, because it doesn't really take more than 30 KB disk space

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Manparra

The Nokia Legacy driver in my PC reads 61,1GB.

Is this possible? Please advise.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nightflyer69

Same problem, add and remove tells me its 60.314.00MB....60GB seems a tad big. Why does Windows get such a crazy file size for this package?

Please use plain text.
ibretus

[ Edited ]

If the add and remove software reports 5.6GB is this taking away from my reported disk space

My hard drive is full an extra 5.5 GB would be very handy

I have a 128GB drive with 127.8 GB used i hope that nokia file isnt robbing me of avialable space

I have uninstalled it  but it still reports as bieng installed using 5.6 GB

If so then problem is not solved

How do you go about getting it to report the correct size?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sakare

in our pc i thouht it was useless so i did uninstalling it . now i cannot connect my nokia device . please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.