Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X2 - 02 display often turns Off while using ...

ANiLKeraLa

Nokia X2 - 02 display often turns Off while using (eg. While writing a text message etc.)

my 20days old Nokia X2 - 02 handset's display sometimes turns off while using as if it goes to sleep mode while using the phone. Sometimes it happens while a video is being played, while writing text, scrolling through web pages etc. I've to press the any key to turn On the screen light. Why this happens? is it normal or a problem with the software or hardware. Software bug or hardware issue ? Kindly reply me. Thanks in advance.

My 20days old Nokia X2 - 02 handset's display sometimes turns off while using as if it goes to sleep mode while using the phone. Sometimes it happens while a video is being played, while writing text, scrolling through web pages etc. I've to press the any key to turn On the screen light. Why this happens? is it normal or a problem with the software or hardware. Software bug or hardware issue ? Kindly reply me. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
thesunflame

Re: Nokia X2 - 02 display often turns Off while using (eg. While writing a text message etc.)

Wel the same problem is faced by me also...just update the s/w ver frm .90 to .91 it reduces considerably
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia X2 - 02 display often turns Off while using (eg. While writing a text message etc.)

Hey ANiLKeraLa,

Welcome to the Nokia Forum!

Firstly could you try a soft reset using the code *#7780# Security code 12345 by default if prompted. This will restore your device settings to as they where when new. It will not delete any of your data however it may be worth creating a backup on Nokia Suite beforehand before performing any kind of reset.

If a soft reset does not work please try and reinstall your device software or update to the latest version if you have not already by going to the Software updates tab in Nokia Suite.

please let me know if my advice has helped you or not.

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

im also facing the same problem bought my x2-02 yesterday. And i was also shocked to see that in the package headphones are 2.5 mm not the standard one 3.5 mm. And also headphones are made of worst quality i have every seen. Dont know whether its Nokia's fault or the supplier which supplied phones here in Pakistan (Digital Telecom).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gr8rravi

i bought the phone 1 wk back

when i visited nokia care shop for display flickering 

they told me to update version of firmware 

i followed their advice 

they got me updated to v 11.57:smileyhappy:

however 

display flickering continues to remain headche:smileysad:

plz help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ilavarasank

hi im ilavarasan i updated my mobile to v 11.62 still i facing the same display problem.... plz give the correct sollution.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ilavarasank

i updated my mobile to v 11.62
still i facing the same display problem....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ilavarasank wrote:
i updated my mobile to v 11.62
still i facing the same display problem....

Your phone MUST be under Warranty .. Get it inspected at your local Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

Please use plain text.