Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia X2-02 "sim card registration failed"

Contributor
Francisco23
Accepted Solution

Nokia X2-02 "sim card registration failed"

Hi,

Just bought a X2-02 Dual SIM, and have a problem:
One specific SIM fails to register to the Network.

This is a Swiss Orange SIM
It is recognized, I'm asked for the password, but it cannot find a network, and after a couple of minutes I get the message "sim card registration failed"

This SIM works with every other phone, Dual Sim or not.
I have this problem regardless from the order of the SIMs.
This SIM is the only one I had this problem with, so far, in this phone.

it is also the only foreign one (thus looking for an alternate network) I tried so far.

The Other SIM is a Portuguese Vodafone one. It works with all the other combinations I tried:
With TMN PT, or other Vodafone PT, regardless of the order of the SIMs.

Any clues or hints to pinpoint the problem?
Thanks in advance

I'm in Portugal

Francisco

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia X2-02 "sim card registration failed"

As a matter of interest how old is the sim?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
Francisco23

it was bought about 2month ago.

It is prepayed, I don't know how much time has it been seated in the store, but should be recent, as it was bundled with a Samsung Champ 2

By the way, all the other SIMs tested are older than dirt.

Thanks for the reply

Contributor
Francisco23

So, I've just manage to try to use perfectly working Spanish SIM (Movistar) and it also didn´t register to the Network.

This makes think that the phone might be locked to Portuguese SIMs, or even to same Country SIMs (could not test yet 2SIMs from another nationality)

Is this even possible??

Thanks

Francisco

Contributor
Francisco23

Solved

As suggest by the store, I visited a Nokia Care Center.

They test the SIM on 3 brand new handsets, unlocked, out of the box. Can't remmeber the models (one was an X5). Non of them was able to register the card on the network. Bummer.

I asked If the had an older phone. They had, used, tested and... voilá... worked. Weired, hein?

So, back in Switzerland I headed to Orange, and asked for a new SIM. They gave me that, in that moment, and It is perfect since then.

I was told by Orange, that there was a batch of faulty SIM cards, maybe that was the culprit, I guess.

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

That seems to be the case,faulty sims can be circulating too...the sim card was indeed the problem in the end..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Contributor
mayank27in

Hey Dear, I am facing the same issue, in India. I am using a new SIM from Vodafone. and Aircel.

can any one pls advice.
Mayank Gupta
Contributor
Francisco23

Sorry for saying the obvious, but have you already tried replacing the SIM with a new one?

Mobile Guru
ng85

Are the sim cards activated & working in other devices? New sim takes time to get activated. If they are working then the device is the problem. Or else contact the operator for replacement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920