Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X3-02 - Fring/Skype

Contributor
X3_02_Questions

Nokia X3-02 - Fring/Skype

Hi.... Anyone please clarify whether I can install Skype/Fring in Nokia X3-02. i understand that it is S40 type. I need to do a LIVE Voice chat thru WLAN. So x3-02, can full fill my need or need to look for other model. I have purchased this becos of its stylish finishing.. really cool.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia X3-02 - Fring/Skype

Lucky you have one, what it like to Txt sms on?, are keys raised or flat? do you hit other keys just curious :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
X3_02_Questions

Doing Txt sms is still fine. But I feel the buttons bit flat compared to my Ex-Nokias like E65, etc

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Bit flat? do you hit the other keys? are they slightly raised looks it in photos? There is also the C3 they look wider keys, Just not as nice design.

http://www.nokia.com.au/find-products/all-phones/nokia-c3-touch-and-type

Please use plain text.
Professor

Don't have X3-02 (yet), but by visiting Fring and Skype web pages it looks like they are not available for X3-02.

Why don't you use the built in VoIP ? if you requirement is just to 

X3_02_Questions wrote:

... I need to do a LIVE Voice chat thru WLAN. ...

then X3-02 should be able to deliver that with the built in VoIP as the previous devices like 6300i could do it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

How you set this up?? VOIP internet thingo...i notice when u make call says internet call no idea what i am doing?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
X3_02_Questions

I understand. But can u help me in guiding to set voip. Becos I get Gizmo5 wizard when I open the Internet Phone. How to override it and use other services? I could have used Gizmo5 but the problem is Google has taken over Gizmo5 and they are not allowing to sign up for a new user. But truly I say, this the simplest phone I want. Really cool. Light weight, professional look, no unnecessary applications, clear speakers, etc etc..

Please use plain text.
Professor

There has been quite lively discussion in Forum Nokia how to enable your favourite VoIP provider to 6300i if it is not listed in the phones built in configuration tool. If you know the technical details of the provider you can set each of the parameters by following these instructions. For the really easy setup there is even a TOOL available.

This works with 6300i and apparently with 6260 slide according to the thread. Not sure if it works with X3-02, but perhaps you can give it a try and report back how things ended up ? (I am considering to buy this model as well when it arrives especially if the above ways work to put your favourite VoIP provider to the phone)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DeepBlu1

I used to have gizmo5 before on my old Nokia E51 which required bit of setup and configuration I went thru 2 or 3 forums before it worked out and it was working fine. With my new X3-02 , it only toke gizmo username & pass , and you are already there! this lil wee is a winner. Only thing bad is , if you went online much , it is tempting to go online on it, battery goes empty in 1 day. Else than battery I can claim that it is one of the best phones Nokia has built.

Please use plain text.
Professor

In 6300i you can control when the phone is online for VoIP by changing the menu>settings>call settings>call type settings. If you choose "voice call only" then it does not connect VoIP. Is that setting still there ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g1152

yes it is possible to choose "voice call only".

for skype, i installed iSkoot (only old version works not latest).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Is there any other option for this?
X3-02 is not listed in iSkoot supported devices. Any other option for Skype?
And as someone mentioned gizmo5 is not registering any new users...
Please use plain text.
Professor

Why don't you use the tool mentioned earlier, then you can get free VoIP calls. Doesn't iSkoot count against your cellular minutes (or so I have been told) so is it even free ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have a skype account so skype is more interesting for me and it would be nice to have an option for skype chat also.
When you said tool mentioned earlier you ment n0kvoip? I tried to open the link, but it gives me errors... Maybe they have some problems.
I did a little search and basically found out that skype almost for sure won't be available for X3-02 (Symbian S40). And it seems all other tools that supported skype no longer support it, because Skype asked for removal...
And as for iSkoot, it supports only free skype chat (for example over wi-fi), VoIP calls always go through providers' network so data charges will apply. I found out that on their pages. But in the end X3-02 is not supported in iSkoot also.
Do you know any other solution regarding Skype on X3-02 even if only chat is possible?
Please use plain text.
Professor

Not after Fring and others dropped Skype chat support

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanach

plz tel me does voip supports nokia x3-02 for voice calls? i f yes thn kindly guide me how to instal it in mobile.. please.
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

Yes, X3-02 supports SIP VoIP (voice).

You can either do according to below instructions (copied from earlier post in this thread), 

sudude wrote on 04-Oct-2010 09:09 PM

There has been quite lively discussion in Forum Nokia how to enable your favourite VoIP provider to 6300i if it is not listed in the phones built in configuration tool. If you know the technical details of the provider you can set each of the parameters by following these instructions. For the really easy setup there is even a TOOL available.

case you cannot find your VoIP provider from the configuration tool(menu>settings>connectivity>internet telephone>accounts

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rndis

Is there any service free, like skype? Those listed there cost money it's pointless to use if you do not need long distance calls.
Please use plain text.
Professor

What cost money ? I haven't had any problems finding providers that are free to use for voip-voip calls, just like Skype.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rndis

[ Edited ]

Can you name some please? Those I did try, ask buy credit. I can't try all of them, there are too many :smileyvery-happy:

Example - I try with VoipBuster. I log in with my Nokia and no people see me online. And how can I see from phone who is online from my contacts? Can someone explain me how do I use this voip thing? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.