Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

[Nokia X3-02] Touchscreen not responsive. Touch sc...

Contributor

[Nokia X3-02] Touchscreen not responsive. Touch screen problem.

Hi everybody,

I bought a Nokia X3-02 recently and I "was" really happy with it until I had issues with the touch screen.

Indeed: most of the time the touchscreen does not respond and I can't even "unlock" my phone when it happens, which makes it completely unusable.

I'm suspecting the new firmware that I installed using Nokia Ovi Suite.

I turned off my phone, removed the battery and left it for more than 10 minute. I turned it on with no sim card/SD card and the problem remains. Now it could be whether software problem (new firmware) or hardware issue (touchscreen defect, which is the worst case scenario)

Now I'm trying to re-install the firmware and see if it could solve the problem. Until then, if you have any clear solution I'll be pleased and I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
3abboudDZ

Re: [Nokia X3-02] Touchscreen not responsive. Touch screen problem.

Try this : Menu > Settings > Phone > Touch settings > Scr. calibration > then do what it asks for.

I don't think that it's the firmware, I have the latest and everything is ok.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you 3abboud (from algeria?)

I tried that previously but it's useless, and now the touch screen does not work at all (so I cannot access the menu or anything else)

I'm sure it's hardware issue and I'm now really sad.

Well, I think that the last option is to return it to the reseller.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
3abboudDZ

You're welcome, yes I'm from Algeria.

Today I experimented the same thing, my touch screen didn't respond, but it has rapidly gone by going back to the main screen by the red button and then lock key... I wish that this will never happen again!

Did you reinstalled the firmware?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello 3abboud, Yes I did but it was useless.

Now I'm sure it's a hardware issue, I think this will be the last time I buy a touchscreen handset. Thankfully I kept my old 6300.

Have a good day.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarkJames91

i think you can reformat your phone by  dialing  *#7370# &  enter the code 12345.

hope it works...

=D

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AVAGO

Unfortunately no amount of resets will fix this problem, it is not a software / firmware fault.

The touch screen on the x3 works on capacitance so it requires the finger to register, it you were to use a stylus it will not register,

If you you go to calibrate the screen you will be presented with a circle in the top left first which you tap with your finger then the same for the bottom left the the bottom right and in the case of my X3 it should go to the top right but instead it goes to the right not to the top corner as as expected but offset to the left and 10 > 15mm  down. This appears to  be poor parts having looked at loads of post, Nokia I feel should fix / replace these faulty X3 FOC

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jades

The X3-02 has a resistive touchscreen so both fingers and stylus will work.

If the phone is still under warranty then send it off to Nokia for repair as I did with mine when it died on me. Didn't cost me anything and Nokia sent a courier to collect it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Recon165

Not sure if this will work for everyone but I've found my touchscreen is heat sensitive, it seems to get unresponsive on warm days or in pocket for long time. I give it a blast under the AC and works properly. However overall I'm disappointed with this phone...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Avenger_Osiris

What the version of firmware the you guys updated to?
After 6 months plus using it, I found no problems. I can use both finger and stylus.
Sounds like both of U from Algeria encountered the same problems...
After updating the same version of firmware?
Bug update for your country? or bug hardware?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Better not making any modification by yourself.

Personally, and I don't know why, my phone is currently working properly. Everything is OK now but this phone's touch screen isn't perfect, so I do not recommend it to people around me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have also ancountered the same problem today . my touch screen is not responding at all . i cant even unlock my phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi i have purchased nokia x3 02 on 6 april 2011. on 24 june touch screen of my phone has stoped working . i do go to the nokia care at solan himachal pardesh 0n 26 June and they have said that we don't have touch screen at this moment and you have to wait for 15 to 20 days he had assure me that your screen will be changed. i have waited for that long and finally on 18 july he has said that screen has came and we will examine your phone. he had opened up the phone and said that water has gone into phone. i am shocked because i always covers the phone with lather cover and phone was never near the watered surface or anywhere near the water now they are asking for Rs 1000 for repair while phone is still under warranty period.Also behavior of employees there are not good.therefor  i am thinking of going to consumer court now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rigor16

what is AC...i think my phones touchscreen did not work because i stored it a long time in my pocket....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

dear where is quality of phone if it cant resist even to stay in pocket. touch screen of my phone is also dont working . i have gone to 2 nokia cares and they are making false allegation one is saying that water is gone into the phone and other is saying that you have laminated ur phone and you should have stick to the original lamination in which hand is made on it .

Please use plain text.
selbourne

Wow...faced the same thing. They said that water had damaged it and that I would have to shell out Rs 3K for the screen replacement. And physical damage was not covered in the warranty. But this mobile had been used indoors and the only water that could have gone into it would be the moisture in the air.

I guess you should not trust touch screens from Nokia. Cause I had some problems with my other 5800. Thankfully though they repaired it without any excuse cause I had taken damage warranty as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jitenpatel1

this one is the third class quality of nokia. touch not working when needed.

NOKIA TOTALLY FAILED IN TUCH MOBILE.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fatmas123

Nokia you have failed us.  This phone's touchscreen is terrible.  I bought it for my mum.  Who hardly ever uses her phone and definately would not be keeping it in her pocket, getting water in it or adding software.  She only used it for a couple of days before the touch screen started going crazy.  Like everyone is saying 90% of the time you can't even unlock the phone and you need to take the battery out to get it working again.  Even when it works which is close to never, it hardly ever does what you want it to. It selects when you want to scroll and scrolls when you want to select.

I tried recallibrating the touchscreen and this made no difference. 

We live in Cyprus but we had this phone sent over from the UK so we can't even send it bak to the shop.  What a waste of money. 

I have always used Nokia phones but now I have lost my faith in Nokia. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arjunp3000

Total let down by nokia.  This is the second touch phone in which this problem has occured.  Previously I had an x2 which I sold and bough the x3.  They have both let me down really badly.  The touch does not seem to work properly.  I have to keep repetedly tapping the screen and hope that the right area gets clicked.  As a brand Nokia has compleatly lost it.  If you are planning to get a nokia then I suggest you really really consider it twice because my phone and alot of people I know are having alot of problems.  You end up spending so much money and then you have to waste so much time running around to get your phone repaired.  The service centers are not helpful as well.  They have returned my phone saying that it was a software problem when clearly there was something wrong with the touch screen.  The attitude of the service person was to just convince me that everything was ok so that I would leave the shop quickly.  Overall this is a long time nokia user who has been let down very badly by the company!  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MetalFlying

thanks a lot ..  :smileyhappy:
my screen wasn't responding when I pressed MENU or GO TO !!
the format succeeded and now my phone is good..!! 

Please use plain text.