Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6-00 3G bad transfer speed avoids watching ...

Advisor
ric_mart

Nokia X6-00 3G bad transfer speed avoids watching the EURO 2012 FINAL

Hello, I've been recently trying to use my Nokia X6-00 mobile as a modem to watch TV in my laptop and sadly I couldn't do it properly. The broadcast was at 1 Mbps, and I thought my mobile could reach that speed with no problem. That wasn't the case. After that, I've been running different speed tests at different locations, directly with the phone and using it as a modem with the laptop, and the speed is always around 0,5 Mbps.

My network operator is Orange, Spain, and with my contract, I think I have a theoretical maximum speed of 7,2 Mbps, quite far from the real speed I'm getting.

I would like to know the maximum 3G theoretical speed can the Nokia X6-00 get, and why I'm getting these horrible transfer speed figures?

Thanks a lot.

Ricardo

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Nokia X6-00 3G bad transfer speed avoids watching the EURO 2012 FINAL

Hi ric_mart,

According to Nokia X6-00 specifications, the phone supports HDSPA so it should be able to handle more than 1 mb/s. As you have tested the phone in different locations and got the same result, it seems like an operator related issue. So we would advice you to contact your operator for more information.

Let us know how you get on,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ric_mart

Thanks for your help puigchild,

I did ask my operator (Orange Spain) for the maximum speed with my type of contract. They showed me a "term of conditions" document where 3,6 Mbps was established, although this document was quite old. I would like to try another newer phone with my simcard, but I haven't got any one.

Furthermore, I found this specifications in the Spanish webpage, where only "3G WCDMA" is listed (in hardware section). Nevertheless, I found the specs you sent me more reliable.

http://www.nokia.com/es-es/productos/moviles/x6-00/especificaciones/

Is it possible that this phone in Spain was sold with less network capabilities? It seems quite odd to me if it happened.

Saludos.

Ricardo

Puigchild wrote:

Hi ric_mart,

According to Nokia X6-00 specifications, the phone supports HDSPA so it should be able to handle more than 1 mb/s. As you have tested the phone in different locations and got the same result, it seems like an operator related issue. So we would advice you to contact your operator for more information.

Let us know how you get on,

Puigchild

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

It is very unlikely that your Nokia X6 was shipped with lacking network capabilities. Are you sure that your phone is working in 3G mode? To see this, go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Network > Network mode and check that it has been set to Dual mode.  

If the problem persists, we advise you to test the connection with another 3G capable phone or visit your local Nokia Care Point and let them have a look.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ric_mart

I use the "3G mode" while browsing and the "GSM mode" otherwise. I switch between these two modes using the app "quicknet", and I never use the "Dual mode". Is there any benefit in terms of speed using the "Dual mode" vs the "3G mode" (with good 3G signal coverage)?

Of course, when doing the speed tests, I selected the 3G mode.

Thanks a lot.

Ricardo

Please use plain text.