Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 Bluetooth Problem

d4yw4lk3rNFFC

Nokia X6 Bluetooth Problem

Brand new x6 but everytime i try and turn bluetooth on i get this msg ' Unable to perform bluetooth operation '

Has anyone else had this problem and know how it can be cured ??

Please use plain text.
TheTigers08

Re: Nokia X6 Bluetooth Problem

I get the same problem, still haven't found a fix for it. Have you had any luck?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
schantavizo

had the same problem with my car built in bluetooth,found out that car requires 4 digits code,and the phone requires 5 digits code to establish a connection,so i had to change phone lock code,to 4 digits,was able to establish connection,but that solve the problem partially,i cant use the fone to make a call in the car ,i have to use the car voice command system and call out the number i m calling,so i cant use the fone to dial any number while drivining i have to read it loudly ,weired!!!
Please use plain text.
TheTigers08

My phone already has a five digit lock code and i get the message 'unable to perform bluetooth operation' every time i try to turn it on, i don't have a clue on how to get it working. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
TheTigers08

[ Edited ]

Are there specific drivers for bluetooth that my phone may not have?

Please use plain text.
vaibhav7189

the lock code is 12345 if not changed.

Please use plain text.
newguy81

I have the same problem.

After firmware update my bluetooth stopped working (everytime i try to turn it on, i get "unable to preform the operation" error). Does anyone know how to fix this or if there is a fix update for that anywhere on the net?

Thank you for your anwsers hehe :smileyhappy:

best regards Newguy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raunaq90

Hard RESET is the only option to get your BLUETOOTH back.

1) Switch of your nokia x6.
2) To hard reset, press and hold the green call button + red end call button and the camera capture button, then turn on the phone using the power button while holdling the other buttons until you see the Nokia handshake.
3)Note that you will lose all your data in your phone memory unless you already have a backup of your phone.
It worked for me..!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eimaj12000

[ Edited ]

Just a note  - I had same problem after an update but while I couldn't switch bluetooth on in the menu, I was able to go to the paired devices section and, after trying to connect to a device, bluetooth is activated.

In summary - don't use the bluetooth on/off - use the 'more devices' etc. menu. If you simply search for a new paired device or try to pair with an existing one the bluetooth should come on.

Not perfect - but I really don't want to try hard reset as my usb connection is broken also.

Please use plain text.
avadheshp52

Brand new x6 bluetooth on i get this msg   unable to perform bluetooth operation                                                 pls help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Thy_Putish

I had the same problem, but i did not actualy update anything before the problem appeared. I had some files to transfer to my computer, bluetooth did not work so i used cable, then i actualy tryied to turn the bluetooth on again (No actual reason) and it worked! so i guess you need to disturb the firmware a bit and it will work, no need for a hard reset.

Good luck if that won't work.

Please use plain text.