Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 - Dead, not switching on at all, can I re...

Advisor
scoobydoo99
Accepted Solution

Nokia X6 - Dead, not switching on at all, can I recover photos etc?

6 months old now, been ok so far, plugged it into the charger overnight and this morning it's completely dead. Won't switch on at all, tried the red, green, camera and power button - no joy.

Installed the Nokia update software in case it would see the phone while it's dead - but no joy again.

Anyone any ideas?

Any way to get access the internal memory on a dead phone to get the photos off in case I need to send it back and it gets formatted or even replaced?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia X6 - Dead, not switching on at all, can I recover photos etc?

try removing battery for ten minutes and try start up again first .

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scoobydoo99

Should've mention that I've tried removing the battery for 5 mins then much longer as well and still no joy.

Going to leave the battery out overnight and place it somewhere warm and dry - just in case that might do the trick.

Think it's stuffed though - not impressed, been a Sony Ericsson person since Nokia lost their way after my 6310. Nokia recently seemed to have phones to rival the SE models, was impressed with some of the X6 features but did wonder about the build quality.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

When you press the power button does it vibrate before doing nothing else? If you press the button again ten seconds or so later does it vibrate again?

You mentioned leaving the phone somewhere warm and dry, has it been exposed to any form of moisture?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@scoobydoo99: I have the same problem. Perhaps read my post - Black Screen of death.

Am taking my X6 into my local Nokia Care Centre next week. Suggest you do the same.

Luckily I back up my phone every week. I am a long term windows mobile user (since 1997) and have always backed up my wm and nokia devices regularly. This is something everyone should do to save a lot of angst later.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
scoobydoo99

It hasn't been exposed to any moisture, the warm dry place overnight was grasping at straws.

It isn't the black screen of death either, I get no vibration at all.

I'm now wondering if the socket where the charger connects is maybe the problem - and all that's wrong is the battery is completely flat and the also then the phone can't power up direct from the charger as well.

The charger is ok as we checked it against one of our 5530's

I'll see if I can detect any power in the battery at all - I wonder if the 5530 battery voltage and connections are similar to the X6? Maybe I can try charging the X6 battery from the 5530 or maybe the 5530 battery will fit the X6 - more things to check tonight.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Have you tried checking the strip indicator beneath the battery bay? If its pink/red, it indicates that the phone is damaged (water, moisture).

Some Nokia phones had this problem before, most of the case - faulty batteries. Interchanging the batteries from both phones is worth a try (check the voltages first!).

Aha, sussed it. The battery from the 5530 was same voltage and pins so I could power up the X6 that way. It looks like it's the charging socket on the phone is a bit iffy. We charged the X6 battery in the 5530 for a few mins then fired up the X6 and plugged in the charger, it's charging at the moment but if you wiggle the charger connection to the phone it's easy to lose the connection.

Will see if we can live with it before sending it back for a fix.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

i would send it back to be honest you did not buy a phone to charge the battery in another one

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scoobydoo99

I was going to put you right as maybe my post wasn't as clear as it could've been.

What I meant was that once we got some life in the X6 battery using the 5530, we put the X6 back together and it was charging ok.

However, it isn't charging the battery - the indicator on the screen says it's charging but the battery isn't charging. We left it like this, apparently charging for an hour, and when we disconnected the charger the battery was still flat.

We then put the X6 battery into the 5530 and the battery was fully charged in an hour.

Seems like the X6 thinks it's charging okay, but the battery isn't charging at all.

We'll try it over the next 24 hours, using the phone and charging as normal. If there's still a problem the battery will eventually go flat again despite the charging.

I'll update this post again over the weekend with findings. If there's still a problem I'll start a new thread with a more meaningful title.

Please use plain text.
diedie

i have formated my phone nokia x6 and i have some important nomber saved,how can i recover my number and messages
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scoobydoo99

Okay, it took a few days for the battery to run down so we could try charging it normally.

Tried charging it and same as before, although it thinks it's charging (screen indicator) the battery wont charge.

Looks like a phone fault - from reading other posts it seems to be afault with the battery connectors inside the phone. It seems these can be damaged or become loose if dropped or banged.

Phone will be headed to whence it came.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

diedie wrote
i have formated my phone nokia x6 and i have some important nomber saved,how can i recover my number and messages

if you did not have them backed up you have most likley lost them remember to back up next time

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scoobydoo99

Just to complete thread - phone sent off for repair, new phone arrived today.

I suspect it was the problem that others have seen with a dodgy battery connection.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajaboopathyg

My nokia x6 is dead and  unable to start the phone. I tried using red-green and camera button and power button, once it is vibrated and nothing happends in other times. I've handed over this to nearest nokia service center they said problem in board so we can't do. 

I'll explain what exactly happened : I was travelling to my native and was sitting in train, my phone slipped down and battery and cover were seperated and re-joined all together and switch on my phone..,. I got nokia screen and didn't move to furhter... So battery dried and went for nokia service center. No luck...... Is this the nokia service....

Please use plain text.