Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X6 - No Auto-rotate for internet browser

Advisor
carpman1962
Accepted Solution

Nokia X6 - No Auto-rotate for internet browser

Hi folks,

Just got my X6 yesterday and I dont seem to have auto-rotate for my internet browser.

Not sure if it's supposed to do it too for texting (it only seems to change when I physically select qwerty keyboard - is that right?)

Any ideas please as I cant keep trying to view the web on the narrow screen?

Thanks

Ian

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sentimentGX4

I don't know about the x6 but the 5800 only rotates when you turn it to the left. Have you tried both directions?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
carpman1962

Naa,  doesnt seem to do it whichever way I turn.  I've gone left, right, up, down, backwards, forwards but still nothing.

Very strange as although my brain isn't what it was, i'm sure it worked when I turned the phone on for the first time and has since disappeared?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you enabled auto rotate in the sensor settings menu?

If it's already enabled disable all sensors, reboot the phone, enable all again.

The X6 has an occasional bug where auto rotate stops working. Not sure if they fixed that bug in the latest v20 firmware or not.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
carpman1962

psychomania - spot on!

That's exactly what it is.  Can't see how I disabled it but the sensor was off, it's now on and i'm happy.

Thanks very much

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Happy to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Though not only for the browser but for the entire phone, it (temporarily?) worked. thnx psycho! :smileyhappy:
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.