Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X6 - SW upgraded to:40.0.002 Blue Tooth ...

Registered Member
P_Potter

Nokia X6 - SW upgraded to:40.0.002 Blue Tooth via remote sim no longer works?

As the title says, I upgraded the phone to version 40.0.002, and since then the blue tooth remote sim connection to the car phone kit no longer works...

And I can't reverse the upgrade so, I have a brick in the car...

I suspect no one has a solution, so just take this as a warning...

Unless, like me, its too late.

Of coure, what was even funnier is tht Nokia support first tried to palm of the problem to the car manufacturer, even though it worked fine before the upgrade...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Nokia X6 - SW upgraded to:40.0.002 Blue Tooth via remote sim no longer works?

Hi P_Potter, 

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

In order to fix this issue, I advise you to perform a soft reset on your phone: type *#7780#. Default lock code is 12345. If the issue persists, perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad. 

Alternatively, you may reinstall the update on Nokia Suite (by going to Tools > Updates).

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
P_Potter

Re: Nokia X6 - SW upgraded to:40.0.002 Blue Tooth via remote sim no longer works?

Hi astra,

Well, just in case I missed something, I tried your reset codes... and before I restored anything, just tried the connection...

As I expected, it still failed.

Gosh, I was almost hopeful with your optomistic email.

Oh well.

P_Potter

Please use plain text.