Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 TouchScreen Problems

Advisor
VliegerRene
Accepted Solution

Nokia X6 TouchScreen Problems

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Since this morning i experience the problem that when i switch my phone on i cannot use the touchscreen. No input is accepted. When i switch the phone off and remove the battery and then switch it on the problem dissapears....

Anyone a suggestion?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia X6 TouchScreen Problems

try updating software?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
VliegerRene

I have installed the latest software according Nokia OVI suite V20.0.005.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

so then reinstall it or try hard reset.

click this link

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/3-Finger-Salute-for-the-5800-Full-Hard-Reset-Trick/m-p/427081

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
VliegerRene

I have re-installed the latest software but that does not solve the problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

did you hard reset your phone? if you did may have a problem with hardware. visit Nokia Care Center

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

The latest software for the X6 is V21.0.004. If this is not available to you try a soft reset. On the phone dialler type *#7370#. You will need the security code which is 12345 unless you have changed it. If you can back up your phone do so before trying this method.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
VliegerRene

Today when i wanted to try the reset i accidentally switched off the Phone, now i cannot switch  it on anymore the touchscreen won't accept anything.

I am afraid it is a hardware problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

Try this steps. It works with both 5800xm and X6

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/3-Finger-Salute-for-the-5800-Full-Hard-Reset-Trick/m-p/427081

Please use plain text.
Sage
sanjaymehta

More likely the screen has failed. My experience is worse. The screen just packed up and Nokia claims that this is physical damage without checking the device.
Sanjay Mehta
Motorola "Brickphone" circa 1996, Alcatel One Touch, Ericsson R380, Sony Ericsson T220, Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia E50, Nokia E61i, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E71,Nokia X6, Google Nexus S, iPhone 4S
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
varundbest10

@sanjaymehta
Go to another care center and make a good story :smileywink: It works! They are too dumb to recognize it.
Nokia x6
Please use plain text.
Advisor
VliegerRene

Hi,

I brought back the X6 to the store. After almost 2 weeks I got it back and they replaced the touchscreen. SInce then it works fine, they even upgraded my X6 to the latest software (21.0.004) all for free!

The Nokia care is working fine.

Only one thing remains is that that the date is set 1 day backwards once per week.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikolans82

Hey, I got my nokia x6 in May this year, and recently it started having problems with touch screen... it selects nea by icons in stead of ones i touch and sometimes it wont react... it makes a vibration as if it works but it doesnt switch to any comand i type... you can imagine wat this means if I want to type the sms ... how do I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

update your phone's firmware. if you already on latest firmware try hard reset.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mcapasso

Hi,
about the date problem, please, read the following post and give us detail about the issue, Nokia is investigating!
/t5/Xseries/X6-Date-incorrect/td-p/684385
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
witham90

Hi

When you took your phone to the shop was there any damage to your screen at all? And also is it on contract if yes with whom?

Please use plain text.
Somnambulist

I too have similar touch problems. Bought mine in June.

Its intermittent as said above. When it happens, it gives similar problems.. when I touch a button, it flashes and vibrates as a feedback, but nth happens… when it gets worse, touching a button will select a button next to it or sometimes, a further button alligned along X axis or Y axis of the pressed button… when it gets to the worst, the whole screen touch becomes absolutely irresponsive. The only things I can press then is the media key at top right and all mechanical keys. But I can press them only – it doesn’t solve the touch problem. The only way to fix it is to LOCK the keypad and UNLOCK it again. So that’s how I’ve been living. Typing a msg, touch stops responding in the middle, lock+unlock, then continue typing. DAH!! It happens in a similar pattern in above order. As soon as I noticed, it happens the most when in text mode (like when u’re writing an SMS). Its very likely to b a software problem because I’ve NEVER got this touch problem when I’m playing games (I played for 2-3 hrs straight sometimes) when less than a min typing can trigger the problem. This means it is not repititive touch input which triggers the problem. It rarely happens when I’m browsing on net or in the menus.

It happened once in Sept, but fixed itself within 3days or so. Again in Nov, it happens again and this time it lasts to today, i’ve been living with it for over a month now. It doesn’t seem like a hardware problem, so I thought firmware update will fix it and been expecting a new firmware release. Just this X’mas, I’ve upgraded to the last firmware released in mid Dec, the problem’s fixed for 2 days. Then its happening again. I dunno what to do anymore.

Add this up with low RAM which keeps quitting apps (esp internet apps, including its own OVI store), lame UI, hmm.. I would surely go for sth else if I were given a second chance.

Disappointed user

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gemba

I have the same problem... It happens once in a while... Everything is ok for few days...

Then...

http://youtu.be/Y-k1Yir-4nU

http://youtu.be/DzatPP1pM6Y

Any idea how to fix?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

if you tried out above suggestions, all you can do now take it to Nokia care center.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
riyazmirza

The whole screen touch becomes absolutely irresponsive - only 2 Mechanical keys work. touch stops responding after few seconds, need to lock and unlock evertime to use touch. Can't receive call, can't stop or snooze Alarm and can't reject a call (swipe to unlock doesn't work at all).

I tried soft reset, hard reset & latest firmware updated even not success.

any help..

Please use plain text.