Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X6 lock button BROKEN OFF

Advisor

Nokia X6 lock button BROKEN OFF

my lock button fell off 2 months after me purchasing it.

Has anyone else had this problem, with it breaking off?

plus, i took it to the shop and they said i hav to pay to get it fixed , and i did argue it was nothing to do with me and that it was vert loose from the start.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi

sorry to hear about the lock button. I also has undergone the same problem, it is also very loose from the day it self I brought it. but the agents says it is the nature of the button. Nokia has to come out with a solution .

if u are still under rthe warrenty u may try to get it fixed free, if not pay and get it its a minimal charge

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

send it to a nokia care centre they should replace it free if you need more advice use this link below

http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
natashakx3

I have had the same problem. Mine just snapped off the other day from just using the unlock button so i went straight to the repair shop to get it fixed and carphone warehouse wanted to charge me £65 to get it repaired! To be honest it was loose from the start.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

nokia must be aware that this is a defect ,send it to a nokia care centre

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor

when i originally to it to be replaced they wanted £20 off me. But  they did say they could try and get it done for free. they said it wasnt a common problem so it was highly unlikely :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

the issue seems to be popping up a bit ,its best to leave it in there hands anyway

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lukeduke_ni

I had a similiar problem, i posted on another thread on this site.  Mine broke off and o2 wanted £40 to fix it.  My phone was 3-4 months old and as a consumer you have rights.  I eventually got it fixed for nothing although initially o2's (eastern european) technician had said he hadnt came across the fault before and refused to fix it without charge.

Nokia had offered to fix it for free but as i purchased it from o2 and it being 3-4 months old i felt that o2 should sort it.

Left a sour taste in my mouth with regards to o2, i may change carrier when my contract expires.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paisa1000

my phone is also x6 i too had the same problem that is lock switch was just felt some where. I think you had got repaired if you how much cost is
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

If the phone is under warranty then Nokia should repair it for free.

Are you on a phone contract. If so take it up with your network provider.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
astrags1

[ Edited ]

i bought my daughter the x6 in april. by september the lock button had fallen off. sent back via o2 shop. when returned it had not been fixed. got on to o2 who told me to claim insurance. silly me paid £25 excess and got another x6. 6 weeks later same problem. went to o2 shop today who have sent it away for repair. waste of time as i had my daughters x6 and 2 of her friends x6 phones sitting in the o2 shop today and they still deny there is a problem.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. If you wish to make a feedback to O2, you may do so at their available contact channel.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

astrags1 wrote:

i bought my daughter the x6 in april. by september the lock button had fallen off. sent back via o2 shop. when returned it had not been fixed. got on to o2 who told me to claim insurance. silly me paid £25 excess and got another x6. 6 weeks later same problem. went to o2 shop today who have sent it away for repair. waste of time as i had my daughters x6 and 2 of her friends x6 phones sitting in the o2 shop today and they still deny there is a problem. NEVER EVER BUY A PHONE FROM O2 THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS.

hi

• u can install "pocket lock" from OVI store. it is a free ware.
  • i've installed and working very fine.
  • after intalling never used lock.

cheers

PS: if u find this information is usefull please KUDO me by clicking White star on Green background

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Missysammy86

Dont be so ridiculous! How is O2 supposed to annouce an issue with a nokia handset? That is the reponsibitly of nokia.
You are complaining to the wrong people.O2 would not be allowed to give out information like that as they are not the makers of the handset therefore Nokia couldsue if O2 announce that a handset has particular fault!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
viang

Hi All,

Please be reminded that Nokia Support Discussions is a peer-to-peer troubleshooting and support forum. Please avoid comments that will lead to an argument. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SydneyUser

This is a design fault. Mine was loose from the day it came out of the box.

Virgin store from where I bought it, attribute it to user abuse.

I will try the Nokia Care Centre, see how it goes. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snasher13

Nokia X6 - this seems to be such a common problem. I had my phone "repaired" by O2 just a few weeks ago (unfortunately just over 30 days so my supposed rights aren't great). The new phone (the majority of my phone is new, but O2 call it a repair 'cos they've put the original motherboard in!) has just had the slide switch spring go too.

Why do 100s of people have to experience the same inconvenience before Nokia change the design and admit that it is a design fault and that the phone is not fit for purpose - unless you never use the phone, the lock switch will always go after a short time - it is not made to withstand multi-daily use.  Makes me very cross that I can't now change to a (lesser) model of phone that does not have a design flaw.  When will this silly switch idea be withdrawn?  Still got a year to go on my current contract, but I think only solution is to put SIM into a decent phone. Sorry, but just saying it as it is. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xanji

.yeah i strongly agree with you bro
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dee_Dee

i bought a nokia x6 recently and the lock button just snapped off. i went to a mobile shop and they said that the cell's body had to be detatched. Nokia should certainly view this design fault, and when i surveyed the effect this had on the price of nokia x6 ( selling my phone ) it was more than half of the phone's actual price would be reduced. In pakistan, i bought the cell for 32 000 PKR and if i want to sell it now, all i can get offered is 12 000 PKR which is simply due to Nokia's negligence and design fault of the cell's unlock button :'(

Please use plain text.
jpsaigautam123

hi.

Ive had the same problem. it does not get covered by warrantee. nokia care will charge you close to 1000 bucks to get it repaired. try gettin it done elsewhere. and if you come across a nice app wherein lockin can be done by one of the buttons let me kno

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samiexx98

Hi,

I had this problem too but I locked my phone and could not get it unlocked to use it so I was going to take it to a shop to get it unlocked but I plugged my Phone/Pod headphones in and it unlocked my phone.

Hope this helped :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.