Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X7-00 touch screen problem?

No_Idea60600

Nokia X7-00 touch screen problem?

Hi guys,

I recently just got nokia X7-00...it's an awesome piece of technology.

But the touch screen sometimes refuse to react to my touch. For example, when i receive a text, i went on and reply...then it suddenly just stop reacting to my touch and whatever i press, it just wont response. I have to lock my phone by cliking the power button and unlock it then it works back to normal....It's been repeating it self for quite some time...It's kinda annoying me right now.

Or sometimes when i am replying my message, i was on QWERTY keyboard, then when i was typing, it fails to react to a certain location like I am able to Press *p* but not *o* and other certain character...its weird and rather frustrating.....

Well, not just text messaging, but it goes  to other function like camera, or playing video...where i tap and it wont respond....

Please Help me.....

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

I experienced similar issues e.g. after hanging up a phone call, but not as often as you describe, and also no partial hangups - so when it hangs then the entire screen hangs. In my case after ~20 seconds or so, it resolves and moves again. And it doesn't happen as often as you described. Currently I can live with it, although its nasty and I hope for a SW update to be released soon. In your case, it also sounds a little bit like a HW problem, I would bring it in to Nokia repair service.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

same myself have you tried updating the firmware there was a new update the other day.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

yup it is same with all x7s
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=MsJGdlY-3X8
look it carefully you would find same issue there!
Please use plain text.
No_Idea60600

Thanks everybody for the reply. At least i know i am not alone. I will update the SW and so on. If the problem still continues for a couple week for multiple hanging, i will bring it in to check.

Thanks so much . =]

Please use plain text.
HanzzoSuperb

Yeah me too, guess I'm having the same issue with you. Some buttons on the landscape keyboards seemed to be unresponsive to my touch, and when I tried to touch on some images and applications on the main menu, that same spots were also unresponsive. This problem really annoying me right now, knowing that I will have typing problem when I need to use that alphabet lied on the "unresponsive-spot". Glad to know that I'm not the only one X7 user that experienced this problem. Hoping that Nokia will upgrade the OS to fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Still waiting for that update myself

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

jimmyireland try sending a pm regarding update for your phone's product code to skyee
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leofreak

I get the same on my X7. This issue makes me crazy, especially when I cannot answer the call or driving and cannot touch anything in Maps navi... Also I found that there are days when the touchscreen works fine and other days when it doesn't react or reacts with delay, or I see it reacts (button under finger highlights) but phone takes no action. Hopefully new version of Symbian Anna will have this resolved (now on 22.014)

Please use plain text.
jeofpereira

Hi guys this is exactly the same problem i face on my X7. Today i hardly played any games and the phone pretty much behaved the whole day. On bad days it needs a Harc reset of else locking the screen and then unlocking seems to help. But not always. Maybe the Bell upgrade due in the near future will address this... Seems to be a problem with the Ram/ Rom, memory allocation. There's plent of phone memory on mine so i'm not sure why this happens... More so when i play HD games.... Hope Nokia is listening!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leofreak

What is Bell upgrade? When will it be issued?

Please use plain text.
Guido696

I'm having exactly the same problem on my X7-00 and I'm about to lose my mind. About a week after I purchased it, it started playing up, almost every time I go to unlock my phone I find the screen is frozen and the phone won't let me lock it, I have to wait for the screen to time out and lock itself before I can unlock the handset. I've experienced the same problem writing texts, using the MP3 player and even just on the menu. I've checked and there are no available updates for my phone. Are there any updates or fixes coming to fix this issue??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Depending on your product code,region,network status you could be waitng a long time by the looks of things

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
skimba

in Finland update came a month ago, helped me with the same problem. Nokia webpage says there is no updates for x7. My sw version 022.014.238.01 date 2011-08-25

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asalx7

when sometimes i press a button like call button it stuck and the man just says No match found :smileyvery-happy: or when i'm typing something i don't press the P button but it sticks on P button and writes PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP then i must lock the phone and then start from the begining what can i do :smileysad:( i bought it 1 week ago and the problams has started from that night my phone hasn't garanty and i can't change it with a new one and if i want to repair it i must pay a lot of money :smileysad:((((((((((((((((((((( heeeeeeeeelp please

Please use plain text.
jeofpereira

Sorry i meant symbian belle upgrade! I really do hope it resolves thsee issues!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you have all been experiencing problems with the X7 touch screen.

If you have not already downloaded the latest software update. Nokia has released an update for the X7 device, which improves useability and perfomance , which you can download Here.

I hope this resolves your issue!

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahul051091

i also have same problem and the Worse is that my memory card also is not accessed sometimes.. . this is very annoying...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leofreak

Sheldrick - Thanks you replied to our posts, much appreciated. However I have visited the webpage you mentioned and it says that latest code is 022.014. My X7 is already on 022.014 and behaves really bad. What's next????

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Leofreak,

Have you tried other troubleshooting methods such as a Hard reset? (make sure you do a backup before hand)

If you have already done a hard reset troubleshoot then I think it might be worth taking to a Nokia Care point and let them know the problems you have been having with your phone and let them take a look at it.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.