Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X7 problem !!!

Contributor
ja6er21

Nokia X7 problem !!!

Hello dear Nokia :smileywink:
My X7 is working fine,but sometimes it get`s really annoying when touchscreen gets non responsive or better yet pushing buttons by itself,interesting thing is-this happens usually near MENU button (the physical button) .Tried hard resetting,updating what is possible,switching off auto display rotation-none works.

This happens just randomly.

SO,i am wondering is this software or hardware issue? =)
and how this can be resolved =)

Here is another victim of this phone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfsemdarftk

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JIC_E7

Re: Nokia X7 problem !!!

If you have tried restarting and updating and resetting the phone to factory settings and it does not work, then you should send it to Nokia car point.  As the Nokia X7 is a new phone it must still be under warranty and you will not be charged unless it has been user damaged, i.e. you dropped it or submerged it in water.  Go to contact support and read the available options.  I did this recently regarding my Nokia E7 and it was collected the next day and I am waiting for it to be returned now. Good luck.

Thank You.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Nokia E7-00
Click the white star if you think I helped you please
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ja6er21

Well i`m still somehow hoping that this issue will be resolved with the help of an update...
I remember,i have read some guys post-there was written somethin` about memory leak...

Maybe Belle OS will fix this???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Belle wont be out till next year you should return device if this issue continues i myself had the same problem.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ja6er21

so you got another x7,and is it bugless?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Yes i got it replaced and was fine.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
waelabdalla

your X7 some times make a proplem withe touchscreen but my X7 all times make the same proplem and I sent it for nokia care in egypt and they told me that they can not repair it

Its agreat thing that nokia cannot repair a nokia phone

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ja6er21

took my x7 to repair center today...
we`ll se how this ends.

i`m really dissapointed in nokia now..=(

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sofokles5

sorry for asking, but can you explain to me what you mean by saying " My X7 is working fine ", SINCE "sometimes it get`s really annoying when touchscreen gets non responsive"??

i have the same phone for a couple months, and it is OBVIOUS that the phone is in general problematic. When a copany offers a touch screen phone, the one thing it should do is to have a screen that works and not freeze every 5 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ja6er21

there is a truth in your words ;D

Please use plain text.
sweetbert01

i'm also suffering the same situation..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've had similar problems. I've gound that if I cover the earpiece slot (the light sensor) with my thumb and then release it, the screen becomes responsive and the phone stops doing funny things.

Give it a try. Especially useful if your phone goes blank when you want to answer a call.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ja6er21

solution to this problem is applying cp-5024 touch screen protector.
after it was applied no more problems.

btw,belle is great :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
JasminBosnia

Did anyone resolve this problem...I almost lost my mind today when I couldn't response to one very important call...I bought phone a few days ago...and this problem keeps coming back...I'm updated it to Belle..so it isn't resolving the problem...HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...can it be fixed????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cracka

I have sent my phone away for repairs I think it is 3 times now, neither time has fixed the problem.  I'm stuck with Rogers firmware because Nokia has not released ONE SINGLE update for this phone.  I don't believe it is hardware as Nokia has never been able to fix it, but I don't feel like sending it away anymore for them to "try stuff"....

Nokia has failed to help me at all with this.  It is a HUGE pain in the **bleep** when you're paying how much for a phone bill and you can't answer half the calls you get incoming.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nokia has released updates,its rodgers you need to talk too and see if they withheld it.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.