Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia c503 touchpad is slow and it freezes..

Advisor
MarilenaC503

Nokia c503 touchpad is slow and it freezes..

[ Edited ]

Hi since one month the touchpad of my nokia C503 is slow and it freezes.. it works for a while only if i hit a little bit the back of the mobile..! any of you have this kind of problem? is there a simple way to solve it? because i lost my warranty.. and if i keep it off the whole night and i turn it on, the mobile works fine but after some hours it becomes slow again..! if i may decide to send it to a nokia center it could even happen that an operator tries the mobile and sees that there are no problems..but it's nout true! you have to wait different hours to view the real problem..! T_T

i already tried soft reset, hard reset and calibration..!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayantsingh7

Re: Nokia c503 touchpad is slow and it freezes..

try updating its software through nokia ovi suite

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarilenaC503

at the moment it says that battery is too low..by the way it says that it's already updated..i'll try the reinstall option..!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarilenaC503

ok i just reinstalled the software but nothing changed..it's even wroste :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
rhino_456

Hi,

My position is almost same with some more or less problems.

I have my warranty upto 1st April,2012.

I had problems like
-Sudden switch off with red and green lines on screen

-Touch totally stops responding

-Sometimes when hanged not even able to switch it off using the button,forcing to open the battery and turn it on back

-recorded video play back stucks with boxes while playing

I complained regarding this several times to my nearest Nokia care centre.They made me run many times finally they sent to head office and said it is replaced.

BUT THE STORY STARTS NOW. EVEN NOW WHEN I GOT THE PIECE WITHIN 2-3DAYS, I AM FACING TOUCH RELATED PROBLEMS AND PHONE HANGS.

AS YOU SAID I EVEN CANT SHOW THEM ,BECAUSE IT JUST HAPPENS WHICH CANT BE OBSERVED AT A TIME BUT CAN BEEN EXPERIENCED ONLY WHILE CONTINUOUS USAGE.

AS ONE OF MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME PIECE WITH SAME PROBLEMS.

SO MY SINCERE REQUEST TO THE AUTHORITIES OF NOKIA,IF THEY CAN SEE THIS POST , PLEASE PLEASE RECTIFY THE PROBLEM,

AS IT MAY BE A BAD NAME TO THE COMPANY BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE AND I DONT WANT IT TO BE.

HOPING YOU WILL DO THE NEED FUL.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarilenaC503

i'm still searching for my warranty..today the mobile worked fine.. but now it started freezing again..! T_T it's  so strange..why it should work fine for just few hours???

@rhino_456 i'm sure that they tried your phone..they saw it worked and they told you they replaced it..! 

One more thing: how could it be possible that right side button lets you lock the phone but you can't unlock the phone with the same button? come on!!! i even can't make calls in this way..! i have to remove battery and turn the mobile on again before touchpad stops working T_T

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi rhino_456,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

I'm sorry to hear the phone you have received still doesn't work like it should. A software update should fix this problem. Connect the phone to Nokia Suite and click on the green icon to update or reinstall the current software. 

If the phone's performance doesn't improve with a software update, please return it to the care centre as soon as possible and file a complaint at your local Care line so that this can be fixed for you straight away.

Let me know how you get on so that I can help in case necessary.

Regards,

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krishnendra79

Dude, just go to nokia customer care and told them to increase ur RAM from 128MB to 382MB or more ,trust me it's working fine.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krishnendra79

I am also owner of this awesome handset ,the handset has just one major problem ,that the internel memory and ram is to low for it's high speed processor. NCC told me that you should increase it's RAM (random access memory) and whem i have done it .and trust me guys my phone is just working like 500 fate ,very smooth and very fast. No more low memory problems and No more hang ups ,thanks to NCC
Please use plain text.
Advisor
r4jput

Dear MarilenaC503,

Visit care center and replace touch of your cell phone....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarilenaC503

my boyfriend just gifted me a new mobile phone.. samsung galaxy net turbo.. i got a really bad impression of nokia considering that i thogught they were the best (until now) and i decided to choose nokia. 

I lost my warranty and the mobile works fine for the first few hours only (that's really strange).. how much should spend to replace the touch pad? 

Please use plain text.
rhino_456

As most of you said to increase the RAM of the phone,then will Nokia care centre ppl Charge me any amount and if it is how much may they charge as my phone is under warranty? 

How much MB of RAM will they increase?

And am so much frustated that i want to stop using it , throw away in trash and think that i have lost my phone.

-Will nokia replace me with some other nearest model with some amount charge?? Because i dont think so the problem will be solved.Am saying this by the effect of the intensity of problem.

Please Suggest....!!

Thank you all.

Please use plain text.
abrarulhaqqe

c5 03 is the slowest phone i used. it's touch and the aged symbian s60 is bad . nokia shoud stop all the phones with s60
Please use plain text.
abrarulhaqqe

is there any way to get rid of s60 and speed up my phone?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MarilenaC503

i just got a reply from nokia center that just told me to reset the mobile phone or send it to nokia point with warranty... (come on!!! i already wrote on my email that i lost warranty and i already tried to reset my phone!!!!) :smileyfrustrated:

do they really read emails???

Please use plain text.
Kat7892

Re: Nokia c503 touch pad is slow and it freezes..

Hi - i bought my c5 03 in january, so it is very much still under warranty - thing is i very much want to avoid the whole having to send it to be looked at and then them finding nothing wrong with it problem...

Basically im having the same problem the rest of you are - for about 3 weeks or so my touch screen has been freezing up so much so you have to put it away for a while before trying again - essentially unable to do anything with the phone. It happens mostly after frequent use and is painfully annoying - especially considering the fact that i was tentative to get into the whole touch phone arena for exactly this reason! 

It also wouldn't update software via the updates section of the phone but thankfully i found a solution to that problem elsewhere in the forum. So if in fact this helps the freezing we'll see but if anyone has any other suggestions that will help with this problem without having to send it away that would be very much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jayantsingh7

try to keep u r mobile inbuilt memory free
becous it got just 40 mb so try by keeping it free
hope it works...........
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sidkodkany

Hey dude i saw ua suggestion n i called up NCC n asked about the increase of RAM n phone memory.. The NCC guy told me dat its not possible..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajaramiyer23

MY NOKIA C503 TOUCH SCREEN HAVE PROBLEMS IF I PRESS NUMERIC 3 IT PRESSED WITH 2 AND IF I PRESS 6 DISPLAYED SHOWS 5

KINDLY GUIDE  ME

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Have you tried calibrating the touch screen?

Menu > Settings and Phone > Touch input>Touch Screen Calibration

Final Banner
Please use plain text.