Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia c7 wifi auto connects

Advisor

Nokia c7 wifi auto connects

My nokia c7 wifi autoconnects which i dont want. I diconnect and 2 seconds later it connects again, how do i turn this off?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
umartariqnk

Re: Nokia c7 wifi auto connects

on home screen set options>widgets to offline mode

then observe wifi is connecting or not?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

yea did that but still connects. what else?
Please use plain text.
sherin407

i used to delete the access point each and every time to disconnect the wlan. i used istall again to reconnect. this is disaster product from nokia nothing goes right in this product. i advice prefer iphone, blackberry, htc, even acer. in terms of smartphone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nick_Russell

I had the same problem. I spend 40 minutes with tech support who were quite helpful but eventually agreed phone was faulty.  I have sent it back and am awaiting replacement. (purchased directly from Nokia)

Nokia C7-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor

its done alright for me. Iphone ill never own, its a piece of junk. htc i would consider. But nokia ill support as much as I can
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

theres a task running in the background which is invisible to end user and tries to connect . install mobishield antivirus and kill the tasks running, disable autostart . then all will be fine . elsewhere do a soft reset

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

If widgets have been ruled out, other common things that could be connecting to the internet are e-mail, Mail for Exchange, and perhaps A-GPS and network-based positioning if you use Ovi Maps or geo-tagging in the camera.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

some applications running at background and can not see them

install any task manager (some are free) and close all progress like vagelis saying

also what you can try is to put the device offline mode and then back to the profile you was using
should disconnect from internet
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Giallo86

is it possible to have detailed instructions on how to do this? why nokia don't answer?????
Please use plain text.