Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia e5 serious network problem (solve it if you ...

infohub

Nokia e5 serious network problem (solve it if you dare)!!

hey guys, this is a serious problem I have found on my nokia e5.

I have updated the firmware to the latest version through pc suite. After a few days of working fine, the phone starts heating up all of a sudden, the battery drains and there is no communication over the network at all (i.e no sms, no calls received, can send texts or take calls either.)

i tried *#7370# still the problem persists. Please be kind enough to assist. kudos in advance.

thx for reading.
Please use plain text.
Sage
manissmdl

Re: Nokia e5 serious network problem (solve it if you dare)!!

Yes its right my phone aslo heat on using wifi after 15 minutes it start heating on back part where batt is kept............plz update this issue.... Thanks for Nokia support

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

how old is the sim card?
i would consider bringing to a nokia care center if its heating excessively

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
infohub

the sim card is pretty new, (it works fine on other mobiles, though i tried only on black and white phones) doesnt heat excessively, but yes the heat could be felt.

btw, i had the same problem with my e71 as well.
Please use plain text.
infohub

do you have automatic update of date and time activated. Check control panel->settings->general->date and time->automatic time update.

Reply asap
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

I don't know if the problems are related, but you aren't the only person to recently complain about battery temperature/drainage on a 3rd Ed. phone.  See

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E72-phone-getting-hang-after-upgrade-to-081-003/m-p/1229991

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E51-battery-drainage/m-p/1229911

I can't suggest anything, beyond what was mentioned in the other posts...

Please use plain text.
giuseppez92

i updated my E5 phone to the latest firmware (v.81) and i have network problems too..
i don't have any battery problem actually, but the phone loses the connection to the network a lot of times.. which didnt happen before the update.. 
unfortunately i can't help you.. 
i'm planning to go to a nokia care point.. 

Please use plain text.