Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia e63- saving a wifi password

Registered Member
NeJennie

Nokia e63- saving a wifi password

I really like using the internet radio feature on my phone using the wifi that is in our home.  The only problem is every time I want to use it, I have to enter our password (that is a very long, random string of numbers and letters).  Is it possible to save that password somewhere so I don't have to enter it each time  I want to use internet radio?

Thanks so much!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: Nokia e63- saving a wifi password

In menu-> tools-> settings-> connection-> accesspoints you've to define an new WLAN accesspoint. This way, your password will be safed.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aqueelrfq

Re: Nokia e63- saving a wifi password

You can do this as hadimassa said but there is an easy way which is simple. I had a similar problem to you but it was easy for me to figure out what to do. just follow the steps below.

So go to Menu > Connectivity > Connection Manager > Available WLAN networks > then select your WLAN network from there and go to Options > Define Access Point > Then Enter your Wifi Key > You are done. Simple as that.

You can verify that you don't have to enter your key every time you connect if you go to
Menu > Connectivity > WLAN wiz > then under your WLAN network it should say KNOWN if you followed the steps above correctly. If it says UNKNOWN that means your network is not known for your e63 therefore follow the steps above.

If I helped you pls click the Star :smileyhappy: Thank You
Please use plain text.