Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia e7 Belle using as a modem with MAC OS

Contributor
tomasoni
Accepted Solution

Nokia e7 Belle using as a modem with MAC OS

Good Morning, I need a suggest.

I have a Nokia e7 updated to Belle, and I use a Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.8.

i want to use my E7 like a modem linkin to the MAC with USB (or is it possible by bluetooth?).

i try but it doesn't work.

do you know the right settings for e7 and for Macbook?

thanks a lot.

Massimo - Italy

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi tomasoni,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums!

To use the E7-00 as a modem with a USB cable would require the use of Nokia Suite which is not available for OS X.

An alternative would be to install Joikuspot which will allow your E7-00 to work as a Wi-Fi HotSpot and in this way connect your Macbook Pro to the internet. Joikuspot requires exclusive access to the phones Wi-Fi subsystem so disconnect your Wi-Fi if connected to a router before starting Joikuspot.

Also if you are running Nokia Belle make sure Wi-Fi is switched on from the notification dropdown bar. Drag the notification bar down and the Wi-Fi indicator should be lit (select it if not).

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomasoni

Hi Kosh, thamks a lot for your help. But on my E/ with Belle I've installed Joiku light FREE, but it doesn't work. do you know why?

Max Tomasoni

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Make sure you don't have any DNS settings setup on your mac.

Can you see the hotspot but not connect to it?
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

There's a list of FAQ's from the Joikusoft website here: http://www.joiku.com/ckeditor_assets/attachments/12/JOIKUSPOT%20PREMIUM%20FREQUENTLY%20ASKED%20QUEST...
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomasoni

Joikuspot light runs initially, but after a few seconds i have a message:

- connectinon not available

and then another message:

- unable to run joikuspot

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Ah, so it's an issue with the joikuspot application on your phone.

Do you have another app on your phone which may be taking the wifi... I.e. an email sync profile? If so, please disable the email sync and try restarting the JoikuSpot Free app.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi tomasoni,

Also if you are running Nokia Belle make sure Wi-Fi is switched on from the notification dropdown bar. Drag the notification bar down and the Wi-Fi indicator should be lit (select it if not).

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomasoni

Kosh, I've tried but there is some problem.

I don't understand:

joikuspot runs.

Mac Airport sees my E7 and links to joikuspot

I open Firefox, try a website, it begins to link to it but it does not open the website

until firefox says: too much time...

problem of my Mac?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Check in Frefox and your MAC's internet options that there is no DNS/Proxy setup (as mentioned previously) and Internet is set to "Automatically Detect"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomasoni

I try, thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mguhan89

I am having a Nokia E52 ,Could you please help me in connecting to internet on my MAC BOOK PRO with my nokia E52 mobile network ?

I have checked my internet settings which are like automatically connect ....

Thanks in advance ....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.