Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia e7 USB port Broken

Registered Member
weiyapyap

Nokia e7 USB port Broken

Hey!

Ive brought a nokia e7 about 4 months ago from malaysia.

i have realised that i cant charge the phone.

ive sent the phone to nokia repair center in auckland to try and get it repaired.

They said that something connecting from the circuit board to the usb connecter has been torn and cannot be repaired and this will also count as physical damage.

Can someone explain to me what has happend to my phone?

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: Nokia e7 USB port Broken

Perhaps it was faulty from the begin? ...

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@weiyapyap

Have a look at this thread as there are a number of similar reports:/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E7-Charging-port/m-p/1239005/highlight/true#M99741

It took a lot of effort for a similar USB connector detaching from motherboard upon N900 to be eventually recognised as a warranty issue, but this only seemed to be treated as such in certain regions whereas in others it was blamed upon misuse so it remains to be seen what is the eventual conclusion for E7 so affected,

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

trucker1967

my nokia e7 is currently coming back from nokia repair with the tag "beyond economical repair", i originally sent this in for charging problem back in nov 11 and they fixed it, sent it back. just  took up to nokia care shop and was returned with the tag physical damage after 10 days , so i complained via chat and was told to send it again for repair stating i had not physically damaged it , the phone would not charge ,and if there was any damage to the port it may have been done whilst wiggling the usb to get it to charge but it would not charge in the first place. now its gone in to the service centre and they passed it on to the repair centre and they are sending it back saying its beyond economical repair , which should mean they should replace it with another e7 , but i seriously doubt thats going to happen, i have wrote this because i think everybody should be using this forum to take them to small claims court if they dont plan on replacing the phones due to poor design .this obviously very common place , you just need to google e7 not charging and there are loads complaining about this issue.

nokia replace my phone its not physical damage its poor design if you can not replace a usb port econmically and poor connection type if they can get easily damaged.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@trucker1967

Unfortunately since all Nokia handset production ceased in Finland E7-00 has disappeared off the radar in Europe and may be dependent upon output from Chinese factory if still in production, although even this is not clear.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

alexkamb

Hi,

Just came across the same problem, phone is definitely out of warranty now what was the outcome if any to this issue?