Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia e71, how to block my telephone number being ...

Nokia e71, how to block my telephone number being sent when sending a sms

i can not stop my e71 from sending my phone number when sending a sms. in call settings i set send my caller ID to no and send my internet call ID to no but my sms recipient can still read my phone number. do you know any ways around that? thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia e71, how to block my telephone number being sent when sending a sms

[ Edited ]
As far as I am aware it is not possible to do so. What legitimate reason would you have for wanting to block your number when sending an sms anyway?
Message Edited by cjlim on 03-Dec-2009 07:12 PM

Please use plain text.

a legitimate reason like i am texting a girl who has a boyfriend.....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]
That reason is hardly legitimate but if she means so much to you, you can always get a prepaid sim. 
Message Edited by cjlim on 03-Dec-2009 11:59 PM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

suzukii wrote:
i can not stop my e71 from sending my phone number when sending a sms. in call settings i set send my caller ID to no and send my internet call ID to no but my sms recipient can still read my phone number. do you know any ways around that? thanks

I don't wanna be your partner in crime, but take a look at page 120 of the English manual.

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/nokia-e71/guides

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

hadimassa wrote:

suzukii wrote:

I don't wanna be your partner in crime, but take a look at page 120 of the English manual.

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/nokia-e71/guides

I am pretty sure the Send Caller ID setting only affects voice calls and not sms's.  

Please use plain text.