Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia e71 screen blank, problems connecting to ovi...

Advisor

Nokia e71 screen blank, problems connecting to ovi/pc suite?

Hey guys.
Last week my nokia e71 screen was playing up a bit, it would randomly turn black but then come back on, come up with funny lines across it etc then all of a sudden it just went black and now wont turn back on.

I can still use the phone fine I just can't see anything.

So 3 questions -

1. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
2. Can anyone who currently has an e71 tell me how I can copy my sim contacts (how many clicks across, down, ok etc) so I can still have my contacts?
3. When i plug my phone in via the USB cord and try to connect it to OVI suite (to back up my files), it says it is in a non compatible usb mode, what am I meant to press on the screen to make it compatible (from memory it pops up with a few options on the screen when plugged in?) including, up across clicks etc.

or doing the same in PC suite, it says my phone is in 'transfer mode' and I need to change it out of transfer mode for it to be compatible with pc suite.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Steff

(also the phone is out of warranty)

Advisor

Re: Nokia e71 screen blank, problems connecting to ovi/pc suite?

anyone?

Sage
rabchild

I cannot help you with the problem itself, as I have never experienced it. 

Here are the solutions to your other questions:

To copy contact to the SIM card blind.

From home screen, press Phone Book

Left Soft Key (options)

Down 7 time (to Mark/Unmark)

Right 1 time

Down 1 time (to Mark All

Enter/Select

Left Soft Key (options)

Down 5 times (to Copy)

Right 1 time

Enter/Select (to Sim directory)

They should now all be copied....

USB Modes

The USB modes are in the order shown below on my E71. I think that the default is customizable, so the order may not be exactly the same on yours. When I plug my phone in, PC Suite is highlighted and enabled by default for me and is at the top. Since there are only four options, perhaps you can plug your phone in a few times and try each option.

Again for me, select USB Mode pops up immediately upon USB plug-in:

PC Suite (Selected by default... press enter/select to confirm)

Mass Storage (down one)

Media Transfer (two)

Connect PC to Web (three)

Good luck; and I hoped that this helped.

Advisor

Thankyou very much! :smileyhappy:

Yeah I don't think the dead screen problem is able to be fixed, i mostly wanted the contacts/pc suite problems solved.

Thankyou!

Registered Member
lesan

Hi same problem with my E75 2 years old,no warranty,bring to Hongkong care center it cost me 140 euros if i want to repair have to change 3 spare parts like fexible cable and may be lcd screen.After 2 years how come,no explanation from Nokia,so try care center and shout they give you discount 20% in Hongkong.Good luk .