Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia n8 browser Java applets

Counsellor
kadet

Nokia n8 browser Java applets

Do not want to work java applets in s^3 browser.  It demand Java SE, but i cant instal it. Help plz

Sage
jamesvini

Re: Nokia n8 browser Java applets

Hello Kadet,
I gather that you are saying you want to install apps that support Java SE. If this is the case I believe that the N8 only supports plain old java. Sorry. But from what i have been reading the N9 apparently will do a bit more.

Hope this helps
love James
"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Mobile Sensei

Re: Nokia n8 browser Java applets

The N8 supports JME (J2ME, Java 2 Micro Edition), or MIDP/CLDC, or so called MIDlet Java apps.

Web browser applets require JSE (Java Standard Edition), or CDC Java, which the N8 does not support. Neither does the N9 (as far as I recall, it doesn't have any Java support at all).