Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia n97 mini firmware over the air help

Advisor
dannybutler2012
Accepted Solution

Nokia n97 mini firmware over the air help

When i search for updates it just searches for ages how do i get it to work i am on three network so think maybe i need special server settings can anyone help i wud be so happy for any help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You can also check for updates using your pc. Have a look at the Nokia update site below.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It can take a while to poll the servers as it needs to check your product code, phone type etc and see what updates (if any) are available. It also depends on the speed of the network you are connected to.

It's usually best to check using the Nokia Suite as it's more reliable and also tends to pick up updates before the update is pushed to the OTA servers.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dannybutler2012

Im on three hspda and get on average 200 kilobites a second and dont have access to a pc .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Not all updates are available both OTA and using the PC. Unfortunately, sometimes, some updates are only available one way or the other. If you have no access to a pc, perhaps you could try your local Nokia Care Point instead.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Fair enough :happysmiley:

It used to take me about a minute over wifi, so I would say that the delay you are seeing is the processing and checking of you product code, applications etc as stated in my post above.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dannybutler2012

I live in halifax where iis the nearest nokia care point and is it free
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Are you in Halifax, Canada, UK or Australia? Generally if you try your local Nokia website and follow the Support then Repair tabs, you should find your local care point.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dannybutler2012

Uk and i dont have acess to a pc and are they free
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I think the nearest Nokia Care Point to you is Fonebooth in Huddersfield. Their phone number is +441484427786. You should contact them and ask if it is free. 

Please use plain text.