Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia .. please fire the guy who approved E72'...

Sage

Nokia .. please fire the guy who approved E72's battery cover.

As subject says : E72's battery-cover is the worst technical design ever. It is loose on all corners .. and can be moved left, right. up and down. Very .. but VERY annoying.

And i don't even mention the fact that the build quality of the whole phone itself is inferior compared to previous products (E71 etc). And let's be honest : it's the hardware quality that should be Nokia's strongest point of sale at this moment ... it's obvious software isn't (anymore).

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia .. please fire the guy who approved E72's battery cover.

Do you have a question or something?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

"Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions, where you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users. These boards are primarily for user-to-user interaction. If you want to contact Nokia directly, please visit the "Contact Us"-section of this website."

Questions aren't compulsory in every post; you seemed to allude to that point.

p.s. I enjoyed the ridiculing of that font fool

Please use plain text.
Sage

box30 has mentioned his complaint clearly. I visit this forum to hear other users' experiences; good and bad ones. Of course, I am always happy with the good sides of a product. However, the info about the bad sides of it is important to me to decide whether or not I can stand (live with) those bad sides if I use the product. Perhaps the tone of the message should be softer, perhaps it only happens to the device box30 has; but I can get the main idea. Box30, thanks for sharing your experience.
E63-1 (410.21.010)
3110c (07.21)
Padsticker
http://batu35.googlepages.com/index.html
Pimlical
http://www.pimlicosoftware.com
Please use plain text.
Sage

Well .. maybe my 'tone' was too 'hard'.

But, I am so dissapointed .. Nokia is a great 'brand' .. but their decisions make me question if it wouldn't be better to fire some people or remove some CEO's. 

E71 was one of Nokia's best phones ever. I didn't care at all that Symbian feeled 'old' and 'legacy'. I just felt 'at home' in those menu's etc. and hardware-wise it was superior.

But E72 is in every aspect a step backwards .. it's software isn't finished yet (lot's of bugs .. and could be much quicker with this CPU)  .. and that's unforgivable (after all those years that they could work on it), it is not 'one system' .. but a mashup of different pieces of code .. without one uniform GUI that respects theme settings system-wide (check Gallery, E-mail app and browser shortcut-menu).

And the hardware : i've picked up the best of 5 (!!!!) E72's in the shop. I had 5 E72's on the table .. 4 of them had loose covers (below spacebar) ... loose battery-covers and other moving parts. It's way too much cheap plastic. 

And also on the phone I have now .. battery-cover can be pressed and is loose.

So believe me .. free Ovi Maps is great, that made me choose for the E72 in the end ... but it's not a present from Nokia ... it's something they HAD TO DO (if u ask me) to make their phones interesting enough.

There is no 'hate' in my post ... just dissapointment about a company I admired once. They obviously choose for a BIG (emerging) market of cheap phones ... instead of a little bit smaller market with high-end smartphones.

Please use plain text.
Sage

I didn't mean to come off too harshly. For once, I was actually wondering what kind of discussion you were expecting with your complaint. But that seems to have resolved itself :smileywink:
Please use plain text.

My E72 battery cover isn't loose at all, so I don't have a complaint in that aspect
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
weid1374

No problems with the back cover. Nice fit.
Yes, I have my E72

PS: Don't blame me for my bad English, I am Dutch :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have exactly the same feelings about this phone, build quality is BAD !!! I also have those loose covers (below spacebar and at battery). I've managed to modify the back cover manualy by deflecting it in my hands and now fits to phone very well without any looses. But the cover should be well fitted out of the NOKIA's factory, not by my handsy...  My previous phone was Sonyericsson c902 and for me its the best build cell phone ever.

For me Nokia was a leader in high-end mobile phones with excelent quality and materials but now is only a another company that makes cell phones (not the cheapest and definitelly not the best build) ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

well guys, I also have to admit that the build quality of the E72 vs E71 is a hands down winner for the E71.

U also see the plastic cover below the space bar is movable. I don't care about the leaking light. but the battery cover....slightly open on one side. not well designed.

Please use plain text.
Sage

My back cover has a bit of wriggle actually, botch sideways and up down (meaning towards and away from the battery). But it doesn't come off or anything, so honestly I don't really get all the fuss. Check out this link;

http://kikuyumoja.com/2010/01/06/the-cable-thingy-for-nokias-e72-wh-601-headset/  

This guy opened up an E72 and it looks rock solid on the inside. I don't really care if the battery cover wriggles a little.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have to go along with the heading. Yes, my battery covers fits neatly and tightly but if I so much as look at the catch it springs open.

OK, slight exageration but just lightly brushing the catch with a fingertip or taking it out of a pocket can open it.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Hmm. the E72's back cover... yup, I've had it accidentally fall off twice when I was getting the phone out of my pocket.  Granted, statistically, it's not a big number, but it could be annoying if I was about to answer a call and the back cover fell off, including the battery. :smileysad:

In normal usage though, the battery cover fits OK. But aside from that 2 times, there were also a few times when the back cover slipped off when I hadn't intended to.  Must have accidentally moved the back cover.

Ok, just voicing my experiences, not exactly complaining, it could probably have been slightly better designed, but for what it's worth, I'd say it's still OK.

Anyone with more experiences of the back cover slipping off by itself without you intending to?

Please use plain text.
kohhc1975

I have no problem on mine..

Maybe I'm just lucky..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
FastTortoise

Agree the build quality on E72 is dissapointing. Light leakages and the side could be pressed though slightly. Just the other day I had the chance to inspect one of those cheap China's brand cell phone and to my amazement their build quiality is great. The only gripe is that their software is so bad. Not buggy but feels very rough and outdated.

Salvation entails eternal power which will make every tyrant weep.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hubertdc

Re: Nokia .. Please fire the guy who approved E72's battery cover.

Maybe you bought your phone in common celphone shops or internet, not in Nokia flagship shops. You don't know where your phone assembled, you can not physically scrutinize the unit before buying, so no guarantee you get the good physical quality unit.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia .. Please fire the guy who approved E72's battery cover.

My E72 cover is ok, doesn't move when in place or anything,. the only prblem I have that it often "pops out"... it gets "unhooked" too quickly...:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
7sins

The one I got is solid in every physical aspect, not even a squeak out of it. A couple of my buddies have the E71's but I'm the only one with the E72, and it's been good to me...

Please use plain text.
niooi

I have the E72-1 and it is fine

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MikeHat

The hardware on my E72 is fine, I actually think it is good. The software is unfinished though.

Please use plain text.