Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia update: N8 email

Advisor

Push Email will never take place on N8.. Please understand.. Either buy LCG Profimail or Buy BB Torch like I have bought..

I got fed up trying almost all the options available on the blue planet for more than six months. Was waiting and waiting for the update from Nokia so that I can use my two Gmail accounts on N8 but seriously got fed up waiting.. BB is flawless for email handling but there is nothing in it.. Only emails.. N8 is fun to use but lacks email handling and make a note that Nokia will never fix this. They want you to buy another new touch & type QWERTY push mail phone along with your N8

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Does the N8 Anna email does word wrapping or reflow when we zoom up the page? If yes, how to set it to do that? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

like i said in another posting:

symbian is not a burning platform as mr. stephen elop put it. it is a platform that has already been burnt.

feels very sad.

i see very poor project management, very bad technical skills, resulting in very low user morale.

E7 will probably be is my last nokia device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alalanda

I also believe that after many years with Nokia, it's time to try other brands. maybe blackberry

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

nokia has got pampered due to its leadership position and probably arrogant.

the loss is for both customers and nokia. customers pay a lot of money for devices that suck, and nokia pushes customers away and gradually loses its position as a leader and loses reputation.

it is a lose-lose situation, created by nokia and not by users.

like mr. steve jobs said: if you make great products, customers will buy 'em. if you make sloppy products, they will not buy 'em.

period.

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

nokia's silence is deafening.

i don't know if they think forum weirdos are in the minority or people aren't bothered about email but the product is woeful.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

I generally find Nokia service good. If you send them an email on a issue, they will normally reply in 24 hours.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tiek

Hi,

I have an N8 for about 6 months and all worked well. I have gmail set up on Exchange mailbox and a hotmail mailbox. Everything was good but last 3-4 days my hotmail is not retrieving mails anymore. I deleted it and recreated and then managed to sync for a few hours but now I am back to no emails on the hotmail box.

Anyone found a solution? Why gmail works fine and not hotmail?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tiek

Update on my situatuin with HOTMAIL: I deleted the hotmail inbox and I created it not using the hotmail wizard but adding it as other email. It works properly, widget too.  I think is pop 3 now so slightly more painful to used at not in sync but it works.

I will try to re add normal hotmail inbox in a few days and post updates.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sillybugs

So glad you posted this, mine too.  Last mails I got were Monday, it's now Friday & not a single hotmail mail has got through.  Like you I also have a Gmail acc. & that's working fine.  I wish Nokia would sort this out.  I've had no problems at all up til this week ... what the hell have they done.  Something's changed & I've not changed anything so that leaves Nokia I guess.  The silence on the mail problem is deafening. If you sort it would really appreciate any solution posted as it's driving me spare!

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

like i already said in another post:

microsoft windows live hotmail has issues with HTML messaging through exchange. their live help website says something about their activesync version incompatible with the version in the device.... and all that **** that are irrelevant to users like you and me who paid for something and just need them to work.

gmail works. with any activesync device. but hey, gmail is gmail!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tiek

UPDATE : my hotmail now back to normal. I don't know if it's me that on friday I deleted the hotmail inbox and created one using "other " and used it for a bit (pop3). Then I deleted and created again a noral hotmail inbox and started working. Maybe is just windows active sync that got fixed.

But now all good my emails works fine on my N8.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

@sillybugs @Tiek and @all,

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We had the problems on Nokia Messaging service network on last week when using Hotmail. The network problems have been resolved now and service should work ok again.

If the issue is still with N8 (or C3) and Hotmail, the best solution is to remove the existing account from the phone, restart and reconfigure it. If that does not help, please contact to Nokia Support (Contact us on your local Nokia Support web site).

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

svi78 wrote:

@sillybugs @Tiek and @all,

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We had the problems on Nokia Messaging service network on last week when using Hotmail. The network problems have been resolved now and service should work ok again.

If the issue is still with N8 (or C3) and Hotmail, the best solution is to remove the existing account from the phone, restart and reconfigure it. If that does not help, please contact to Nokia Support (Contact us on your local Nokia Support web site).

Oh ok i'll just contact my local nokia support like i did on the day i bought the damned thing nearly a year ago.

(well i say local, they are 4000 miles away on a different continent)

and they'll tell me to to reset my phone, just like they did then. and oddly enough that wont fix nokia messaging with imap just like it didn't then.

is there like an official policy of just sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending it works when we all know it doesn't?

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

hi

tried. answer is still a big no.

please, oh please, assure me / us that Belle will fix this and the other issues i have listed:

1. nokia messaging to work as stated in the manual and adverts, just as it was before anna.

2. communication log app to log data as it has always been, just as it was before anna.

3. access point alert at the time of using it just as it was before anna.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ssnickerssovi

problem is not just with hotmail : as i have said in another post we need to reboot our device to keep on receiving emails because our phone begin to sync one mails account forever! Syncing, syncing....white circle is turning.... But no mail will arrive. I have to reboot my device to keep on receiving mails. Is it push mail? Do you have it too? Thabk you
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Sometimes the problems go away after you delete and then reset up the email account.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alalanda

and sometimes not

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Foffe

I can't even set up my Hotmail-account again after deleting it; just get a notification saying "Service not available at the moment. Please try again later", after typing in my account-name and passsword.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirbsta

Hello.

I have had problems with my N8 sending E-mails, especially being it was the reason i bought a smart phone.

Until last week when i was messing around searching through menu's where I selected settings and then application settings, messaging, multimedia message, to finally Deny report sending which was set as yes. I changed this to No and i've been sending and recieving e-mails promptly ever since.

And to comment on the device on a whole I believe I stayed with Nokia phones for a good reason as it is Great, well presented, practical, yet quit intricate with some simple obsticles.

Regards.

Please use plain text.