Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia x6 Intergrated GPS problem

Registered Member
narekzo

i am having navigation problems to i dont know how to use the navigation 
does i come with the phone or i have to download it???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dr_Jackie

Re: Nokia x6 Integrated GPS problem

Hi all,

Nokia has banned GPS usage in some countries like Pakistan,Syria,Iran, ... Therefore you can't see "Integrated GPS" in Positioning Methods. But fortunately it is due to firmware not Hardware, all Nokia X6 mobiles have GPS Antenna but some of them which have product code of these countries cannot connect to satellites.

You can change Product code of your mobile to other countries and then by updating phone everything will be Ok. But you must be professional and have full knowledge about changing product code and flashing and updating.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
imadloulou7282

I changed it but still cannot see Integrated GPS mothed in the menu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anee

i have one x6 16GB mobile. It is not able to recieve gps data. Satlite data also mot able to get . Please assist me on this problem. And i am a new user . thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
1stpole

I´m having the same problem too....I cant just access my GPS for 4 days on, I´ve tried all the clues given in this discussion.....I NEED HELP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You mean there was no problem 4 days ago ??

Are you trying to use it in an area which is open to sky ? Wait for some time... the GPS Lock may take anything between 5 and 25 minutes depending on the location and environment...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
piratuk

[ Edited ]

Hello! i very need your help.... 2-3 days ago i format in nokia x6 memory "card".After that i cannot use gps.....I download Ovi maps again but it dont help....i don't know what to do...

Please use plain text.
The_Zeus

Hello Kurisu87!

I see you've found the way to fix your X6 GPS problem.I have the same problem too.The Ovi Maps Application won't start at all,even though I've updated it,I've downloaded the maps and so on.Every time I try to establish a route to some destination,the GPS just freezes to the status"waiting for GPS".Can you explain to me clear what exactly did you do to fix your problem.What steps did you follow?

Best regards,

The Zeus

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you use GPS with only Integrated GPS Positioning method, you must be in area open to sky. Here also it may take anything between 5 and 25 minutes (sometimes even more) to get the GPS Loac (i.e.the initial position finding). Tall buildings and trees in the surroundings or bad (Cloudy / rainy) weather hapers the signals and the GPS lock will take longer time..

If you enable the A-GPS  / Network based GPS Positioning methods then this time will reduce somewhat but it will make use of Network data that may cost you..

So.. go in an area open to sky.. Open the Maps application.. My Position (or 'Map' if you are using the latest 3.06 Beta version of Maps..) and wait.. It should definitely work..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Visham30

Hi when I click on satellite status it says no satellite status available

but when I go on maps it calculates the route and finds my position but it keeps saying Waiting for gps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Visham30

I have the exact same problem. Please help us or I'm never ever going to use nokia again

Please use plain text.
kunj

hi, First Of Update ovi maps...please check that is version 3.06...after go to app>Location>Positioning>Methods....all Tick only Bluetooth GPS DOn't tick....after restart Phone...and open map>settings>internet>online. DOne if this problem not solved contact me kunjpatel17@yahoo.com 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

kunj - You should also warn the users that with the settings that you have suggested depending upon the plan, a very high data download charge may incur to use Nokia Maps.. BTW the ONLINE setting will not help in a quicker FIX, but just download the latest maps data..

Please use plain text.
Echalon

To all Nokia X6  GPS users please be verry carefule using data to retrive  GPS information from your mobile operator as data as can be verry costly, you are better off to buy Garmin or other Navigation units that dont use Mobile Networks at all,  in a long term will be cheaper than useles Nokia X6 that canot work without network.

Please use plain text.
Echalon

To all Nokia X6  GPS users please be every careful using data to retrieve  GPS information from your mobile operator as data as can be every costly, you are better off to buy Garmin or other Navigation units that don't use Mobile Networks at all,  in a long term will be cheaper than useless Nokia X6 that cannot work without network.

Please use plain text.
Echalon

Use Garmin or other Navigation units on market that don't use mobile network to disable and enable GPS in different countries beside today you can buy Navigation units for about $70 that are faster in GPS positioning and with better accuracy than Nokia X6

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mynxii

[ Edited ]

Actually now that you can download maps via your PC and sync them to your phone there really is no need to incur costs for data download via your phone

and free software for any country in the world on a phone you already own is cheaper than any other form of Sat Nav I know - you don't work for garmin do you ?? LOL:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Akda

Hi I have been using the travel tracker app for the past year with no problems until my X6 lock switch needed to be fixed and while at Nokia the phone was updated and the app wiped.  I reloaded travel tracker but it now doesn't work very well (if at all.).  It doesn't connect to GPS first time (or 2nd, 3rd etc.) and it is only through various attempts of starting a new one or going via 'maps' and selecting 'my position' does it sometimes work. (By which stage I have already travelled many km's.) Nothing seems to work everytime.  It just says "Connecting GPS". I am getting very frustrated, can you please help so it can work like it used to with no delays or problems.  Furious with Nokia that a switch repair that took less than an hour has meant that I have spent hours and hours redoing all my settings & apps and this one still doesn't work. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re-install the application and see if that makes any difference ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
socrat2000

well, i were using my GPS well and after i updated my mobile software and i keep my software updated always, i can't get GPS signal or position for more than a 5 month unless i used wireless network or mobile network i use that is costly.

what shall i do 2 make my x6 GPS work again for free :smileysad:

N.B I'v tried it on Holand, France, Egypt and couldn't get it also, so its not country location as i think

Please use plain text.