Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia x6 GPS problem

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia x6 Intergrated GPS problem

Hi there people, I have just got myself a nokia x6, but I seem to be having problems with ovi maps and using the integrated GPS... It simply will not connect. I have text at the top of the map stating 'waiting for gps'  and that is it

at the time I was out side in the open and in a place where my e72 could easily pick up siginal with 4-6 bars green on the E72.

I went into the settings, and checked there, and all seems fine, integrated a-gps and network based where all checked, so I unchecked network based and A-gps but still no joy.

I am not sure of what the problem is and hope that it can be resolved with your help

many thanks 

Chris

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hong_chicken

Re: Nokia x6 Intergrated GPS problem

i have the same problem here!

i tried to install the maps for california already, but it just doesnt work

what could we do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Please go to Menu>Apps>Location>GPS Data>Postion. There will be several prompts there, the top one will be labeled Waiting for GPS. Go to Options>Satellite Status. if you are getting any signals there, it would show that there is nothing wrong with the hardware.

Now, is this your first time to  try to get a fix? I notice you have turned everything off except Integrated GPS? In that case you may have to wait a while. It could take as long as 40min to get the first ever fix on your phone, If you use all methods simultaneously, it would incur data charges but would make the initial fix much faster. 

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

chanchan05 said:  Now, is this your first time to try to get a fix? I notice you have turned everything off except Integrated GPS? In that case you may have to wait a while. It could take as long as 40min to get the first ever fix on your phone, If you use all methods simultaneously, it would incur data charges but would make the initial fix much faster.

Worked a treat! Thank you soo much, another question quickly, is there a way to set the map orientation using the magnomomitor, on my e72, you press the 5 button and move your phone in an 8 motion, so I was wondering how this action is done on an x6

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

AFAIK the X6 does not have an inbuilt magnetic compass, so no, it cant change map orientation.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

yea I realised that after doing a bit of sloothing, regardless of that thank you so very much for your help! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sagittarius786

Hi there people, I have just got myself a nokia x6, but I seem to be having problems with GPS hardware bcz in 

Menu > Applications > Location > Positioning and 

Select Positioning Methods there is only Bluetooth GPS option and there is no Integrated GPS,Assisted GPS and Network based no option plzzzzz help me how i can enable my GPS.i have already use GPS in Nokia e71 and nokia 5800....can eny body tel me is there hardware problem or software problem plz help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Where did you buy the handset? Some countries forbid the general public from owning GPS devices and thus the X6 would have no GPS there.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sagittarius786

i BUY DIS x6 FROM PAKISTAN HOW DO U KNOW ABOUT DIS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bilalaftab

I am also facing the same problem as "sagittarius786".. No GPS options available.. and Country wise forbidding..Here in Pakistan I believe there is no such banning.. otherwise there would have been no GPS set or device available... Anyone know a solution to this..can it be solved by changing/updating the Firmware to another country?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robertoantelo

cks on ckRe: Nokia x6 Intergrated GPS problem

I just buy a Nokia x6, can I save tracks and waypoints just like in a Garmin GPS device with my phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: cks on ckRe: Nokia x6 Intergrated GPS problem

Yes. Its called "routing" on the Ovi Maps interface. Each "waypoint" is added through the "add to route" function.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nomanonnet

[ Edited ]

i m also from pakistan i got x6 and it has no GPS device .

if any one solve it 

plz call me or mail me

waiting

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Izzy_SLO

Thanx a lot, this helped me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boombox1

Plz help. I just purchased the new nokia x6 16 gig. Having trouble with the GPS. I have read the other messages on the board but none has helped me so far..please help!!!

It just gets stuck on waiting for GPS

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boombox1

Plz help. I just purchased the new nokia x6 16 gig. Having trouble with the GPS. I have read the other messages on the board but none has helped me so far..please help!!!

It just gets stuck on waiting for GPS

thanks
Please use plain text.
am_nkx6

I recently bought  the Nokia X6 and I'm in California, USA. I don't have a carrier data plan and I want to use the integrated GPS in my phone. When I try "options->Satellite status" it sometimes dislay one or two bars on the "Signal strengths" tab with "waiting for GPS" and other times it'll say "(no satellite data available)" with "No connection".

I don't want the phone to use carrier data line for the GPS and just rely on it's integrated GPS. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sohail942

I have bought X6 16GB 4 days ago and its GPS is also not working as there is no method other than bluetooth GPS :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shuvvan

[ Edited ]

Hello Yesterday I got a phone purchase.---x6.00 16gb--- I am in Iran. But unfortunately the GPS section, only the Bluetooth GPS and navigation is not doing for me. Your hardware does not exist? While others can be in the GPS to use.?:smileysad:

Whether the use of GPS device is free?
Your hardware in there or just advertising?
If the level of advertising that this is my second phone that I bought and sold at half price.
Please help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
2dor13

what could i do if it says at satellite status : no satellite data available..??? I`m in Romania where gps on 5800 works great

..please help

Please use plain text.