Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

OVI Suite for N8 not working with Windows 8 Consum...

Registered Member
gopalsn8
Accepted Solution

OVI Suite for N8 not working with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Hello

I am not able to connect my N8 to OVI Suite since I installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview operating system. My USB port is working fine as I am able to charge and connect in media transfer mode. It just doesn't work when the OVI suite mode is enabled.

Can somebody tell me how I can work around this please. I use OVI suite a lot as I do most of my messaging through the PC. When will Nokia release a new edition of the OVI Suite that will work well with Windows 8.

On once ocassion, I was able to reinstall OVI suite by right clicking and selecting Windows 7 in compatibility settings and by running the program as administrator. However, even that doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Any help please?

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: OVI Suite for N8 not working with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

gopalsn8 wrote:

When will Nokia release a new edition of the OVI Suite that will work well with Windows 8?

No point in speculating but tends to follow the Japanese kanban technique, in that not likely to appear until Windows 8 actually on sale.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
gopalsn8

Re: OVI Suite for N8 not working with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Your reply makes sense. However, with millions of people downloading the Consumer Preview...it would have been nice if Nokia had rolled out a patch or something.