Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Oops..My Nokia 701 falls down and scratched :'...

Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Oops..My Nokia 701 falls down and scratched :'(`

My Nokia 701 fell down and scratched...
Most of the scratches are on the camera lense glass and little on the screen...Though screen was with screen guard..Now i cant capture a single clean picture
C..It is just 1 week old...and Nokia Care centre replace my cover of Nokia 701 by paying some money???
Frienzz pls ans me as quick as possible 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Oops..My Nokia 701 falls down and scratched :'(`

Contact your local Nokia Care Point. I am sure they will be able to replace the cover for you. Unfortunately they will probably charge you for it unless the phone is insured.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Even though it has Corning Gorilla Glass, it still can scratched or even break. It's just that these glass are harder to be scratched and break. It seems you were unlucky. Go ask for the repair or replacement on the nearest Nokia Care. And be very careful next time.

And by the way, I don't think that the glass that cover the lens are not the Corning Gorilla Glass. So, it's not surprising that it got scratched.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Ok...thanx :smileyhappy:
I am very very happy to know that it is replacable....
Can ne one tell me da estimated price of replacement of the cover??..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No idea what the cost might be. Best is to contact your local Nokia Care Point and they will give you a quote. If there are a few care points in your area, try them all because the price can be different. Most care points are run by contractors and not by Nokia directly so the charges can  be different. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

[ Edited ]

There are about 6-7 care points near out area :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Try a few of them, they shouldn't be much in it as the cost of the part from Nokia will be the same, it's just their mark-up which may vary slightly.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

You are mistaken if you think that 701 has gorilla glass support. It is there on the Nokia site only. The official corning glass site has no mention of it, though you can see the sets, like lumia series, that came after 701..
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

AjeeTdear wrote:
You are mistaken if you think that 701 has gorilla glass support. It is there on the Nokia site only. The official corning glass site has no mention of it, though you can see the sets, like lumia series, that came after 701..

I guess you are looking at the mobile site, where the 701 isn't listed, but if you go to the full site at http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorilla/nokia you'll find lots more Nokia handsets listed,including the 701. 

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I removed my phones screen guard.
It is now lot smoother.
Is it okay without screen guard?

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It's a lot better for "purists" to have the screen guard taken off as the guard can detract from image quality and the touchscreen experience. However some people prefer to leave it on as it helps protect the screen from potential scratches. Although in m opinion the gorilla glass is pretty good at not getting scratched and I always take it off.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Its a nice decision Srikanth :smileyhappy:
mechaminal is completely rite actually i was just over conscious about it...But at dii end i completely messed up...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LuSJK

My 701 fell on a stone floor and the screen cracked right across the middle and also got several scraches on it. It fell from pocket height so I can't say I'm impressed by the gorrila glass. I've taken it to two different Nokia service centers and the didn't have the screen in stock for replacement, so I'm stuck with it the way it is. Luckily the phone works fine, touch response is the same, just looks bad!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

What dey told it cant be replaced?????
By paying too??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Although they might not have had it in stock they should be able to order it in and then replace it once available.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Oh thanx lol by I was about to get a heart attack....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Give your local one a call and ask them if they can order it in for you. As it's still a new phone parts may be sparse and there may be a wait, but they should be able to get it for you.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

I dont care to wait for 20 days or 1 month :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

OK, then please contact your local Nokia Care Point. You can get their number using the following link and selecting your area then country.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/
Please use plain text.

Please use plain text.